276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Buried: The thrilling new crime series introducing Detective Jack Warr

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

A compelling, clever plot with a brilliant cast of diverse characters. Utterly riveting' - RACHEL ABBOTT, million-selling author of ONLY THE INNOCENT

All across the USA, people are showing up dead. The deaths don't appear to be connected in any way until one particular death occurs and gets the Secretary of Defense's attention. He arranges for a task force to investigate. A compelling, clever plot with a brilliant cast of diverse characters. Utterly riveting." - Rachel Abbott Where have I been ? I’ve always enjoyed reading but only lately started reading your books now I’m so hooked. I’m working on completing my collection. Thank you Reply She still cares about her appearance, and says: “You have to. I’m from Liverpool and it was all about the glamour when I was growing up.In the aftermath of a fire at a derelict cottage, a badly charred body is discovered, along with the burnt remnants of millions of stolen, untraceable bank notes - the hidden legacy of Dolly Rawlins and her gang of Widows. Lynda has received a huge amount of awards over her time in the field, including becoming an honorary-member of both the Liverpool John Moores University and British Film Institute. She was also awarded with the Dennis-Potter Writers-Award from the British-Academy of Film and Television Arts, and she received the Edgar-Allan Poe Writer’s Award (not to mention an Emmy) for her mini-series Prime Suspect.

Prime Suspect producer Sally Head (right) and actress Hellen Mirren with Lynda at the 46th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards

Summary

Read all your books! Fantastic! Definitely my favourite author by far. Just finished Unholy Murder which was brilliant. Can’t wait to start Judas Horse now. Reply She was married to Richard La Plante for 17 years, before they divorced in 1996, and says: “I did try for my own child for many years but I had several miscarriages, and my then-husband didn’t want to adopt.

She says: “I am building her into every different department as she grows older until she reaches DCI. I’m looking to write another five.” The gripping first book in a brand new thriller series by the Queen of Crime Drama, Lynda La Plante.Any issues with the book list you are seeing? Or is there an author or series we don’t have? Let me know!

When the divorce came through, it was my time. I would have adopted four or five more. Yes, absolutely. But it wasn’t possible.” The first book in a brand-new series by Lynda La Plante, the international bestselling author who "practically invented the thriller." (Karin Slaughter) She must decide if she will risk her life to bring the killer to justice simply to claim the reward, or if she should leave the task to someone more experience, more willing, and more trusting than she will ever be able to trust herself after her difficult and harrowing past. It’s terrific to have that young energy around the house. Our ­relationship has given me so much more than I could have ever dreamed of.” She says: “Absolutely. It wouldn’t worry me at all. But it’s finding somebody. Dating apps? I’m not sure that’s for me. We shall see what happens after all this crisis is over.”They are still in touch almost 30 years after the first Prime Suspect series in 1991. She says: “We probably speak once a year. A big part of my heart belongs to the show and with Helen.” Her first book went over extremely well, and other famous novels came to follow. One of her best known stories is The Talisman, published in 1987, closely followed by Bella Mafia in 1990. Soon afterward, she began work on Prime Suspect, which starred Helen Mirren. This opened the door for La Plante to win an Edgar-Award from the Mystery-Writers of America for her impressive work on the show. In the aftermath of a fire at an isolated cottage, a badly charred body is discovered, along with the burnt remains of millions of stolen, untraceable bank notes.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment