276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Pro-Kleen 2.5 KG PREMIUM Iron Sulphate (Makes up to 2500L When Diluted & Covers up to 2500m2) - Iron Lawn Conditioner and Turf Hardener. Dry Powder soluble in water

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I’ve seen iron sulphate stain cloths, carpets and patios before, so I always keep off the lawn for a week after application. Results

Once the moss was removed, the lawn looked bare and sparse, so I scratched the lawn with a wire rake and then sprinkled grass seed in. You can use a spreader but I wouldn’t recommend it as it’s difficult to do accurately as it’s so fine. If using a sprayer which I recommend, especially on a larger lawn, you need to use 5-10g per square meter, or 3-5g per square meter if you want to use it as a lawn tonic to green up your lawn once you killed the moss off. How to spray with a spayer Whenever you’re sprinkling powder or granules, it’s best to wait for a windless day; otherwise, your mix can spread into flower beds.

When Should I Apply Iron Sulphate?

Iron can leave ugly orange stains (think rust stains) on your concrete patios and other hardscape features of your landscape, so this is something that you will want to keep in mind. Wear old clothes or overalls as iron will stain them too. Wash them separately, as they may stain other clothing if washed together. Ferrous sulphate soluble fertiliser has almost as many uses as it has names. Iron is most often used as a green-up tonic for grass. Lawns love iron and an application of ferrous sulphate has a superb green-up effect on grass, giving it a lovely, lush, dark green colour. It also encourages strong and healthy growth in grass, helping to create beautiful and healthy lawns. Acidic soil will make your lawn less appealing to pests and they will slowly begin to vanish. Not to mention, lawn grass loves a bit of acidic soil and will turn soft and fine so it’s a win-win. Kills moss

Again, here you would need 4g per m2 for controlling moss. This would then be mixed with 1 litre of water per m2. If your lawn is looking rather discoloured, the soil pH is too low, or the tips of your grass blades are drying out suddenly, these may be signs of iron toxicity in your lawn.Organic iron fertilizer is comprised of organic iron sources, such as those found in Greensand and Milorganite. These break down more slowly but are healthier for your lawn in the long term. The iron in them also has natural chelation, which makes it easier for your grass to absorb. Iron sulphate can be applied at most times of the year, spring being the most common time, as this is when moss treatment is often carried out. However, frequent applications (every 6 – 8 weeks) from late autumn, through the winter into early spring will certainly help prevent moss from forming during this time.

You can apply moss killer in a single step. But you need to prepare your lawn to ensure that the formula reaches the moss-afflicted areas. Afterwards, rake away dead moss and top dress if needed. Step 1 – Mow your lawn IRON SULPHATE LAWN FERTILISER, LAWN FEED and GRASS TONIC. All Round Multi-Purpose Sulphate of Iron Lawn Conditioner, Fertiliser, Grass Greener & Turf Hardener.

Period of use

Sold in durable plastic 12.6kg bags, the compost-sized bags contain iron sulphate that is known to have the desired effect on moss. It relies on Watersmart technology to ensure the soil entraps water and nutrients, which is an added feature not found in other products. This is an optional step for really poor lawns or dry areas. Your new grass seed will need moisture to germinate, so sieve a layer of light compost over your lawn, not to completely cover it but lightly dress. This will help retain moisture and aid seedling germination. Here’s what happened the last time I used 12% iron sulphate to treat lawn moss, the results were fairly typical:

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment