276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Seat Cushion (ONLY) Handmade for Toy Box (co-ordinates with Toy Box/Desk) See other listings (Blue/white stars, Fabric)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I then used my heavy duty spray adhesive along the side edge of each of my three pieces and pushed them together. Step 3: Attach Foam to the Toy Box Lid That hinged area is another reason why I choose such a thin fabric for the top instead of upholstery fabric. I want the top of my box to still close flat when I’m done! Step 5: Upholstering the Seat Cushion I start with one staple in the centre of each long side – puling as taught as possible and folding under the raw edge before stapling it down. Because I had joined several pieces of foam together I didn’t want any join lines showing through my fabric.

How to make a DIY Toy Box Seat Cushion - Upcycle My Stuff

I cut a section off of my long cushion that fit the width of my seat top and then another idenetical. That got me almost there but I needed another thin strip to fill the top. So I held it up to the empty space and cut a strip that was slightly wider than what I thought I needed. There was no down side for me to doing it directly on the box top as this is a modern piece that I’m not in love with, so glueing and stapling it isn’t a huge risk. If you are working with a more vintage or antique piece, or something with sentimental value, you might want to consider a separate seat top. Step 2: Cut Foam to Size I used warm & natural quilt batting – because I am also learning to quilt so I had it in the house anyway waiting for my next project.But if you want the do it yourself version for how to add a seat cushion to a toy box, read on for how I made mine! The piece I started with was long but not wide enough for my seat top. So I held it up against the top and saw that my seat was two widths of my existing foam plus a bit extra. The first thing I did was to unscrew the lid from its hinges. I did this because I put my seat cushion directly on the box lid. You don’t strictly have to attach your foam to your box lid but I find it helps at the stapling process to know you don’t have to worry about the foam itself sliding around.

Toy. Box Seat Cushion - Etsy UK

I’m calling this process franken-foam….as in how to mash together several odd shapes of foam to make one piece that fits. I am all about adding comfort to my life. One of the ways I like to do that is to add toy box seat cushions to my sons’ toy boxes (also know as blanket boxes!).My toy chest has a hinged lid which is why I’m not sure if I should be calling it a blanket box…but anyway we use it for toys. Step 1: Detach the Toy Box Lid I have a set of easily printable instructions for this DIY Toy Box Seat Cushion at the end of this post – just scroll down! Toy BOX SEAT CUSHION – Materials Needed: The next step is the fun bit. Basically you want to lay your material on the floor right side down making sure to position it so that any specific pattern features or repeats are where you want them to appear on the cushion. The fabric remnant I chose for my seat was very thin cotton – like a bed sheet. It was also mostly white and my foam was blue….not a good look!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment