276°
Posted 20 hours ago

GCSE English Shakespeare Text Guide - Macbeth includes Online Edition & Quizzes: perfect for the 2024 and 2025 exams (CGP GCSE English Text Guides)

£3.25£6.50Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

We will proceed no further in this business. /He hath honoured me of late, and I have bought /Golden opinions from all sorts of people, /Which would be worn now in their newest gloss, /Not cast aside so soon. I am settled and bend up /Each corporeal agent to this terrible feat. (Act 1 Scene 7) Flourish. Enter DUNCAN, MALCOLM, DONALBAIN, LENNOX, and Attendants DUNCAN Is execution done on Cawdor? Are not For brave Macbeth-- well he deserves that name -- /Disdaining fortune, with his brandished steel, /Which smoked with bloody execution, /Like Valour's minion carved out his passage /Till he faced the slave,Which ne'er shook hands, nor bade farewell to him, /Till he unseamed him from the nave to th'chaps, /And fixed his head upon our battlements. (Act 1 Scene 2) Drum and colours. Enter MALCOLM, SIWARD and YOUNG SIWARD, MACDUFF, MENTEITH, CAITHNESS, ANGUS, LENNOX, ROSS, and Soldiers, marching MALCOLM Cousins, I hope the days are near at hand

I have thee not, and yet I see thee still' / 'I see thee yet' - Macbeth's mind is very confused as he tries to hold the non-existent weapon Hautboys and torches. Enter a Sewer, and divers Servants with dishes and service, and pass over the stage. Then enter MACBETH MACBETH If it were done when 'tis done, then 'twere well Banquo's ghost appears to Macbeth alone, showing his overactive imagination triggered by a guilty conscience. Although he is now a king, Macbeth cannot command his own emotions and feels irrevocably set on this course of action. The court thinks he is going mad. Macbeth keeps changing his mind about whether to murder Duncan or not. This is particularily so in the early part of the play. His ambition conflicts with his sense of loyalty and morality. Lady Macbeth is key to persuading him and keeping him determined.

Music. The witches dance and then vanish, with HECATE MACBETH Where are they? Gone? Let this pernicious hour Drum and colours. Enter MALCOLM, SIWARD, MACDUFF, and their Army, with boughs MALCOLM Now near enough: your leafy screens throw down. Sennet sounded. Enter MACBETH, as king, LADY MACBETH, as queen, LENNOX, ROSS, Lords, Ladies, and Attendants MACBETH Here's our chief guest.

Hautboys and torches. Enter DUNCAN, MALCOLM, DONALBAIN, BANQUO, LENNOX, MACDUFF, ROSS, ANGUS, and Attendants DUNCAN This castle hath a pleasant seat; the airEnter a Doctor of Physic and a Waiting-Gentlewoman Doctor I have two nights watched with you, but can perceive Enter MACBETH, SEYTON, and Soldiers, with drum and colours MACBETH Hang out our banners on the outward walls; At the start of the play, Macbeth shows that he is a mighty warrior when he leads the Scottish troops to victory over an invading force. Duncan, the King, rewards him by making him Thane of Cawdor. At the end of the play, when he knows he is about to die, Macbeth regains some of his old bravery, as he faces Macduff in single combat. Drum and colours. Enter MENTEITH, CAITHNESS, ANGUS, LENNOX, and Soldiers MENTEITH The English power is near, led on by Malcolm,

Thunder. Enter the three Witches meeting HECATE First Witch Why, how now, Hecate! you look angerly. The Captain describes Macbeth's actions on the battlefield particularly when he seeks out and kills the traitor Macdonwald. The Captain uses a number of strong verbs and adjectives to show how brave Macbeth has been: 'brandished', 'smoked', 'carved', 'unseamed', 'fixed'. Think about this extract – what is happening at this point? How does it affect Macbeth? Highlight some key points. Owl Eyes is an improved reading and annotating experience for classrooms, book clubs, and literature lovers. Find full texts with expert analysis in our extensive library.fatal vision' / 'false creation' - is the dagger something conjured up by evil spirits or Macbeth's own conscience? Exit LADY MACDUFF, crying 'Murder!' Exeunt Murderers, following her SCENE III. England. Before the King's palace. A banquet prepared. Enter MACBETH, LADY MACBETH, ROSS, LENNOX, Lords, and Attendants MACBETH You know your own degrees; sit down: at first Retreat. Flourish. Enter, with drum and colours, MALCOLM, SIWARD, ROSS, the other Thanes, and Soldiers MALCOLM I would the friends we miss were safe arrived. Alarum within. Enter DUNCAN, MALCOLM, DONALBAIN, LENNOX, with Attendants, meeting a bleeding Sergeant DUNCAN What bloody man is that? He can report,

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment