276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Tamiya 58470 Holiday Buggy 2WD DT-02 1:10 Self Assembly Radio Control Kit Car

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

When many heard of the Holiday Buggy’s re-release there was excitement and disapproval in seemingly equal measure from Tamiya fans. Some vintage collectors liked the fact that they could have a retro styled basher on a modern chassis which was well priced and easy to get bits for. Others just abhorred the fact that it wasn’t on the original chassis… The DT-02 machine is a simple 2WD chassis which features a straightforward, rugged design to ensure easy assembly and superb reliability while its 4-wheel double wishbone suspension offers agile handling. Combining exciting performance with user-friendliness, the DT-02 chassis is the perfect way for R/C novices to start enjoying the wonderful hobby of Radio Control. An overview in the form of a spreadsheet and more pinion details can be found in the second post of this thread. Here the differential is put into the gearbox and the other half mated up, closing the casing. Don’t forget the two BA11 outdrive bearings! The Grasshopper 380 motor: 10T/0.8 mod -standard fit is pressed/shrunk onto motor shaft; 540 motor: 18T/0.8 mod; mad brushless: use 10T midnight pumpkin / lunchbox 10T/0.8mod gear & gearbox fittings (Thanks Jonny Retro)

Now we attach the servo mounts and also the rubber cover and plate to the switch on the kits TEU-104BK electronic speed controller. As ours it a UK kit, it comes with an ESC although the inclusion of this may vary from country to country. The DT-02 bathtub chassis has its battery loaded in the centre for ultimate weight distribution and balance.The gearbox is completely enclosed to protect it from interference by dirt and debris. With 4 wheel independent suspension, it displays excellent handling evenon rough surfaces. The DT-02 bathtub chassis has its battery loaded in the centre for ultimate weight distribution and balance. The gearbox is completely enclosed to protect it from interference by dirt and debris. With 4 wheel independent suspension, it displays excellent handling even on rough surfaces. The DT-02 bathtub chassis has its battery loaded in the centre for ultimate weight distribution and balance. The gearbox is completely enclosed to protect it from interference by dirt and debris. With 4 wheel independent suspension, it displays excellent handling even on rough surfaces. How many of us have watched the video with the Holiday Buggy and Sand Rover on the beach chasing after one another? I always thought that was pretty cool. The following winter, I had the opportunity to go to Florida with my Dad on a trip. So decided to take my Holiday Buggy along. I raced it up and down the beach just like the Tamiya video. However when the day was over and the time came to clean the buggy up, I could not believe just how much sand made it in between the gears. The car never ran the same, until I replaced the plastic gears with new ones. They never show you the gearbox in the video. Hmmm….

STARTERS

The 2WD R/C off-road car Holiday Buggy made its debut in 1980 and attracted many R/C fans due to its sprightly handling characteristics. wheel double wishbone suspension is equipped with coil spring damped units to provide superb off-road traction. To celebrate the 30th anniversary of this iconic models first appearance, Tamiya have re-released the Holiday Buggy on the modern DT-02 chassis. As one of Tamiyas early efforts, the Holiday buggy was a bit of a departure from what came before it, a very simple budget model intended to entice beginners into the world of RC cars, with a then exclusive all plastic construction the chassis design is simplicity itself, trailing arm front suspension with simple undamped springs, integral tub type chassis/open gearbox, basic swing axle rear suspension with unique FRP torsion plate spring, solid rear axle (no diff), stepless speedcontroller with electric braking and no servo saver on front steering linkage apart from spring loops in the arms. The classic California styleHoliday Buggyhas been brought bang upto date buymounting iton the proven DT-02 2WD chassis.

We don’t recommend running your Holiday Buggy through puddles, it does make for cool pictures though! Do as we say, not do as we do… Tamiya seem to be on a big run of re-releases lately. In addition to the Buggy Champ and Sand Scorcher which have come out on their original chassis, I currently have sitting around my desk here at Racer, four recent kits – all of which the bodyshells have been seen on other chassis before! HB2010 narrowing mod - Written by ChrisHix: http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=108826&id=28455

Hotshot (re-re) - 13T (Tamiya part # 3515001), 15T (Tamiya part # 3515003), 16T, 17T, 0.8mod - thanks Jonny Retro Now, Tamiya is proud to release the updated Holiday Buggy (2010), which comes mounted on the proven DT-02 chassis. Step 11 sees us move to the rear suspension. The two lower rear wishbones are attached to the gearbox at this point.

To celebrate the30th anniversaryof this iconic models first appearance, Tamiya have re-released the Holiday Buggy on the modern DT-02 chassis. Durable front double wishbone suspension offers smooth movement. Grooved front tires enable superb handling.

We are nearly finished on the chassis now. Here the wheels and tyres are attached. They are assembled in the box, just bolt them on as instructed! Don’t forget to grease the front avles as shown though… The Grasshopper (re-re) - 380 motor: 10T/0.8 mod -standard fit is pressed/shrunk onto motor shaft; 540 motor: 18T/0.8 mod; mad brushless: use 10T midnight pumpkin / lunchbox 10T/0.8mod gear & gearbox fittings (Thanks Jonny Retro)

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment