276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Continental Ride Tour Replacement Bike Tire - Extra Puncture Protection, E-Bike Rated City/Trekking Bicycle Tire (12", 16", 20", 24", 26", 27", 28", 700c)

£4.635£9.27Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Schwalbe Marathon GT: 3 The Schwalbe Marathon (a.k.a. Marathon Greenguard) is a good overall performer at a reasonable price point. This is an excellent commuter tire unless you have a good reason to opt for the Marathon Plus. Which one should you get? As a commuter, you may spend up to an hour or even more on your bike each way, which means that you need your bike to be as comfortable as possible. This starts with the tire, especially if your bicycle – like mine – doesn’t have a suspension fork. The Marathon Plus is very heavy and rides like a tank. It rolls through road imperfections with ease because of its weight and body mass, but when you make small sudden corrections, you can feel that it’s not as nimble as its lighter counterparts.

Even when you handle the tires off the bike, you will notice how heavy the Marathon Plus is, but of course, this comes with the great benefit of very high protection.Taking all of that into account it’s pretty clear why Continental RIDE Tour 700c Tyre scored such a great price score of 9.2/10 and why it features as one of the top recommended products in the Bike Tyres category.

These tires are among the best in their class regarding puncture protection, which makes them very dependable and great for commuting. Pay close attention to this detail if you encounter many thorns or sharp glass on your route to work. A puncture-proof tire can save you a lot of time and headaches. For road.cc readers (and writers), the Touring Plus will suit some bikes... but not the kind of bike that you would ordinarily fit with 24mm tyres. In 42mm on an urban dreadnought like a Pashley Roadster? Sure. In 35mm on a short-hop folding bike (if such a size were produced)? No problem. If you want to be in control of your bike, you need tires that offer sufficient grip as you corner and brake. I ran several tests on a variety of surfaces, and I was quite happy with them. I have the 32mm version of each of these tires except the Schwalbe Marathon GT, where I used the 37 mm version. I believe this is the smallest you can get in the GT.In my experience, none of these tires were straightforward to mount, probably because they are all wire bead tires. Folding tires stretch easier, so they are easier to put on the rim. I cannot say I remember having as much difficulty getting them on. But I got shown good a good technique for fitting tyres from a mate who ran my LBS many years ago. I also have pretty strong hands so I'm often surprised when I hear people complain and resort to tools. I was surprised to see that the Schwalbe Marathon has a better pattern and offers better off-road riding than the Marathon Plus. In my opinion, this would make more sense the other way around. Agility is another, much more important factor to consider than speed because it’s clearly noticeable as you switch between tires. I didn’t find an empirical way to measure this, so it’s based on perception. Here, the weight comes into play a great deal. I've fitted Marathon Plus tyres with nothing more than my fingers and thumbs, albeit in wider sizes. (I remember struggling to fit a 700x25 M+ too.) Plus-style springy rubber under the tread makes any tyre harder to manipulate. The narrower the tyre, the less malleable it is. It's good that the Touring Plus is virtually impregnable, because you'd have a real fight on your hands trying to change a tube at the roadside with winter-chilled hands.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment