276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Wifey

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Wifey is on a journey, and even though she picks up men and soaks up their boys on the way, she does ultimately make discoveries about herself and her choices in life. Before she really had a chance to figure out all the consequences for herself, it felt so good that she was having a such a good time that she finds herself laughing toward the end.

Wifey by Judy Blume - Audiobooks on Google Play Wifey by Judy Blume - Audiobooks on Google Play

She is not a person, she is cipher for a demographic of women whose crippled condition Blume wishes to convey. My hunch is that this book had it's heyday when it was released and wasn't meant to really stand the test of time.If you're a child of the 70s it's like sitting back and watching your parents talk at a cocktail party. Where in The Awkening Edna came off as being a mature, insightful character, Wifey's Sandy, in contrast, seems more like a never-satisfied child. These may result from childhood trauma or abuse, oppression by family members or society in general on the basis of gender, appearance, reputation, etc, or experiences of violence, grief, or betrayal. That last was probably the fault of that married schlep who showed her tenderness, he spent a lot of time tenderizing other women before her, I gather. K. Rowling's The Casual Vacancy, a book that she threw like a grenade at her fans as if daring us all to ever say anything to her about wizards ever again.

Wifey (novel) - Wikipedia Wifey (novel) - Wikipedia

She has co-written and produced a film adaptation of her book Tiger Eyes, and is currently writing a new novel. There are far better books to chose from about late 60's/early 70's middle class doldrums and culture war casualties.Don't bother with this book- I can name at least 3 or more books and some that are true classic's that could get this point across and not leave you gagging or wishing you could go back in time and make a better choice.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment