276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Anxious for Nothing: Finding Calm in a Chaotic World

£9.495£18.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

God has a good plan for our lives. When we focus on His goodness, it helps us to remember that He is in control. We can trust Him to work everything out for our good. 4. Be Anxious For Nothing By Meditating on God’s Word Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Yet regard the prayer and plea of Your servant, O LORD my God, so that You may hear the cry and the prayer that Your servant is praying before You today. I am inspired by the premise of the book, those verses were written by Paul at such a difficult time and yet he lives in joy, I can say “yes, I want that too” and feel motivated to change to make that happen. Intellectually I am frightened by the statistics and research highlighting the silent epidemic that is anxiety and the horrible effects of a life lived anxious. Max paints a vivid picture of why, logically, we need this change. Practically, I have things to do at the end of each chapter and they really make a difference. The lines I loved say it best: Don’t worry about anything, but in everything, through prayer and petition with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

Anxious for Nothing Pages 1-50 - Flip PDF Download | FlipHTML5 Anxious for Nothing Pages 1-50 - Flip PDF Download | FlipHTML5

Do not be worried for anything, but always in prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be known before God, This verse is a reminder that we need to keep God’s Word close to our hearts. When we meditate on Scripture, it helps us to stay focused on God. His Word is a source of strength and encouragement. It can help us to remember His promises and trust Him in the midst of our trials. Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: “Father, ( A) the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You, 2 ( B) as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He [ a] should give eternal life to as many ( C) as You have given Him. 3 And ( D) this is eternal life, that they may know You, ( E) the only true God, and Jesus Christ ( F) whom You have sent. 4 ( G) I have glorified You on the earth. ( H) I have finished the work ( I) which You have given Me to do. 5 And now, O Father, glorify Me together [ b] with Yourself, with the glory ( J) which I had with You before the world was. Jesus Prays for His Disciples

Strong's 1107: To make known, declare, know, discover. From a derivative of ginosko; to make known; subjectively, to know. Strong's 4314: To, towards, with. A strengthened form of pro; a preposition of direction; forward to, i.e. Toward. Isaiah 41:10– Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Anxious for Nothing (Study Guide) - PDF Free Download Anxious for Nothing (Study Guide) - PDF Free Download

Never worry about anything. Instead, in every situation let your petitions be made known to God through prayers and requests, with thanksgiving. In Joshua 1:8, we are told to “keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it.” When we try to store up treasures on earth, we will always be worried and anxious about what will happen to them. But when we store up treasures in heaven, we can be at peace knowing that God will take care of them. 8. Don’t worry about tomorrow In addition, he was a legalist to the core. Before he knew Christ, Paul had spent a lifetime trying to save himself. His salvation depended on his perfection, on his performance. If anyone ever had reason to hope that he could save himself, it would be I. If others could be saved by what they are, certainly I could! For I went through the Jewish initiation ceremony when I was eight days old, having been born into a pure-blooded Jewish home that was a branch of the old original Benjamin family. So I was a real Jew if there ever was one! What’s more, I was a member of the Pharisees who demand the strictest obedience to every Jewish law and custom. And sincere? Yes, so much so that I greatly persecuted the Church; and I tried to obey every Jewish rule and regulation right down to the very last point. (Phil. 3:4–6 TLB) Paul had blood on his hands and religious diplomas on his wall. But then came the Damascus road moment. Jesus appeared. Once Paul saw Jesus, he couldn’t see anymore. He couldn’t see value in his résumé anymore. He couldn’t see merit in his merits or worth in his good works anymore. He couldn’t see reasons to boast about anything he had done anymore. And he couldn’t see any option except to spend the rest of his life talking less about himself and more about Jesus. He became the great poet of grace. “But all these things that I once thought very worthwhile—now I’ve thrown them all away so that I can put my trust and hope in Christ alone” (Phil. 3:7 TLB). In exchange for self-salvation, God gave Paul righteousness. “Now I am right with God, not because I followed the law, but because I believed in Christ” (Phil. 3:9 NCV). Paul gave his guilt to Jesus. Period. He didn’t numb it, hide it, deny it, offset it, or punish it. He simply surrendered it to Jesus. As a result, he would write, “I am still not all I should be, but I am bringing all my energies to bear on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I strain to reach the end of the race and receive the prize for which God is calling us up to heaven because of what Christ Jesus did for us” (Phil. 3:13–14 TLB). In Psalm 46:10 it says, “Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!”In John, the Lord Jesus Christ said, “In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world” (John 16:33).

Be Anxious For Nothing! 13 Powerful Ways - The Blazing Center Be Anxious For Nothing! 13 Powerful Ways - The Blazing Center

The Great House of God Traveling Light When Christ Comes When God Whispers Your Name You’ll Get Through This FICTION Christmas Stories The Christmas Candle Miracle at the Higher Grounds Café BIBLES (GENERAL EDITOR) Grace for the Moment Daily Bible The Lucado Life Lessons Study Bible Children’s Daily Devotional Bible CHILDREN’S BOOKS A Max Lucado Children’s Treasury Do You Know I Love You, God? God Forgives Me, and I Forgive You God Listens When I Pray Grace for the Moment: 365 Devotions for Kids Hermie, a Common Caterpillar Itsy Bitsy Christmas Just in Case You Ever Wonder Lucado Treasury of Bedtime Prayers One Hand, Two Hands Thank You, God, for Blessing Me Thank You, God, for Loving Me The Boy and the Ocean The Crippled Lamb The Oak Inside the Acorn The Tallest of Smalls You Are Mine You Are Special Then Samuel took a stone, and set it between Mizpeh and Shen, and called the name of it Ebenezer, saying, Hitherto hath the LORD helped us. In Hebrews 13:6 it says, “So we can confidently say, ‘The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?’” There is a reason the windshield is bigger than the rearview mirror. Your future matters more than your past.”In Matthew 26:41, Jesus tells us to watch and pray so that we will not fall into temptation. He says, “Watch and pray that you may not enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.” In Proverbs 3:5, we are told to “trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.” Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment