276°
Posted 20 hours ago

P Is for Pterodactyl: The Worst Alphabet Book Ever

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Though perhaps more playful than practical, the concept will help new readers and new English language learners conquer some of the more peculiar aspects of our language.

and other times it means showing how that letter is not actually used where you might expect it to be.It’s hard to argue with success, but guides that actually do the math will be more useful to budding capitalists.

At first glance, this looks like a book for pre-schoolers, so I’m not sure how my nearly nine-year old niece will react when she unwraps it. I’m confident she’ll find it funny - but there’s also a book token/voucher inside. UPDATE: She was initially wary, then intrigued, but her 11.5-year old sister and their father were more taken by it. Most children will agree the book is “smafunderful (smart + fun + wonderful).” (Graphic/fiction hybrid. 7-10) P for Pterodactylwas written by Raj Haldar, also known as Lushlife, and Chris Carpenter, with illustrations by Maria Beddia. The color illustrations help demonstrate the context of each word, while clever sentences filled with alliteration make for a fun read. For instance, “The gnome yells, ‘Waiter! There’s a bright white gnat nibbling on my gnocchi!,' ” accompanies “G is for Gnocchi.” This book is really hilarious! My friend and I laughed like school children. I had to look up a few of the words for pronunciation, which was fun. Also, I really like the illustrations.” a b c Jordan, Tina (January 25, 2019). "The Story Behind 'P Is For Pterodactyl,' The Self-Described 'Worst Alphabet Book Ever' ". The New York Times . Retrieved March 11, 2019.

Learn Art Online

This book is hilarious!! What a great way to make kids feel good about learning! It shows you that language is hard and encourages you to laugh about the hard stuff and not feel bad that it’s hard. Teaching kids with humor – who’d a thunk it works?! Buy one for every child and adult on your list. You will officially be the coolest gift giver ever.” Then there are also those letters in the negative, such as "U" is not for You and "Y" is not for Why. So, what are "U" and "Y" for? I guess that is why this is the worst alphabet book; you have to accept those disappointments. With The Worst Alphabet Book Ever we get a comedic twist on the entire shelf of alphabet books. Ain’t nobody here but us words that fail to behave. Phonic teachers, eat your heart out. Sorry, phonetically that’s: eat your hart out. Lakritz, Talia (November 23, 2018). "A children's book called 'P is for Pterodactyl' features the most bizarre words in the English language". Insider . Retrieved March 11, 2019.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment