276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Book Club Murders

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

A home-run debut . . . With action, adventure and murders involving mystery books, it is sure to please every cozy mystery fan! I highly recommend adding The Book Club Murdersto your Fall reading list.” —The Cozy Mystery Journal Intelligent, fearless, and every bit as stubborn as Marc is, Charley soon learns the Agathas aren’t the only ones with secrets to protect. Passions explode as she and Marc must race against time to prevent another murder. And if Charley’s not careful, she may find herself becoming the killer’s next plot twist. (Goodreads)

Murder at the Book Club: A Gripping Crime Mystery that Will Murder at the Book Club: A Gripping Crime Mystery that Will

Izzy flees from her controlling boyfriend, Adam, and moves into her late aunt’s house. Adam is hot on her tail and won’t leave her alone. The mystery was fantastic. You think you get it figured out, then twist. Then another twist. I kept flipping through suspects and didn't have it completely figured out until reveal. It was great. I love that! And the murder plot made sense and the murders were complicated enough that it wasn't at all vanilla. On the flip side, The Book Club Murders is a lot steamier than most cozy mysteries I’ve read – a genre that can be typically trusted to be “clean fiction”. Prevalent – and strong – profanity also proved disappointing to me in this one; again, not something I am used to finding in a cozy mystery. The intimate scenes weren’t explicit enough to be offensive, but the language crossed my own personal level of tolerance. Toni did like to be centre of attention and was not shy in putting the other members in their place with a look or an acidic retort. Not surprising then that the other eight women at the aforementioned book club meeting are immediately under suspicion. However, as the police begin to dig into the victim’s past, some unsavoury secrets are revealed. Toni, it seems, wasn’t as white as she painted herself.Wow. So good and read in little over 24 hours. I even said to someone I’d probably recommend it when I was at 50%! The murdered is staging his/her murders after the murder in one of these books. After the first two Murders, Charley Carpenter, a member of the group convinced Marcus Trenault, the homicide detective to use her as an informer in the investigation. Those lover's of romance will be please with the conflicts between Charley and Marcus. There enough twists and turns to make every one happy. The ending will surprise you. I highly recommend this book. I loved how this starts off with a lovely, quiet, sleepy little seaside town, giving chilled cosy mystery vibes, but soon ramps up to being quite a dark and violent murder mystery. I liked the various characters who all had their quirks and flaws and each felt relatable in this small town setting. I can totally see this is how book clubs always go, where everyone chats and gets invited into each others lives and issues. Izzy flees to her late Aunt Elaine’s house at the Irish Coast to escape from her abusive partner Adam but he’s hot on her heels and Izzy is terrified.

Tuesday Club Murders: Miss Marple’s Thirteen Problems The Tuesday Club Murders: Miss Marple’s Thirteen Problems

I always enjoy getting in on the ground floor of a new series and this one gets off to a great start. As soon as I saw this series involved a mystery book club, I knew I would have fun with it and I did. The description of the town made me feel like I was right there. The parallel storylines kept me involved not only in Izzy’s plot but the others & the characters had distinct personalities.

Then there’s another death and the police investigation, led by curmudgeonly DCI Barrett, ratchets up a notch or two. Could there really be a serial killer on the loose – something that second in command DI Palmer seems particularly keen on proving? As the police seek their perpetrator, the women of the book club seem over keen to keep their own counsel. As we get to know them better, all manner of skeletons begin tumbling willy nilly out of their closets. I enjoyed reading about the history of Dun Loaghaire which is where Izzy lives now she’s moved into her Aunty Elaine’s house, it seems like such a beautiful place.

The Book Club Murders: The Oakwood Book Club Mystery Series

When the books are down I would count on Charley to make it exciting. I enjoyed the variety in pace of the book, I felt as though I was on an epic ride through the book.I absolutely loved this book! The story is expertly crafted, with a captivating plot and relatable characters. When Izzy relocates from the city to the seaside town of Dun Laoghaire to escape a controlling ex, she thinks she's found the perfect haven. The town welcome her and she's soon invited to the local book club - but the group is established and tight-knit and each has their own issues that drag Izzy down. The Book Club Murders . . . how could any reader resist this title? There’s a lot to like about this mystery. Leslie Nagel is a very talented writer and the story is well crafted. Romance plays a big part. I loved the character depth and relational drama. I was hooked from the beginning and didn’t want to put it down. The Book Club Murders was a really nice fast paced sort of crossover between a cozy mystery and a mystery/thriller read. The main character in this story does do some investigating on her own like you would find in a cozy mystery but a lot of the book also involves the police investigation that you would find in a normal thriller. Intelligent, fearless, and every bit as stubborn as Marc is, Charley soon learns the Agathas aren’t the only ones with secrets to protect. Passions explode as she and Marc must race against time to prevent another murder. And if Charley’s not careful, she may find herself becoming the killer’s next plot twist.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment