276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Leatherman Free P2 Camping and Survival Multitool Made in The USA with 19 Built-in Tools, Full Lock, Screwdrivers and a Bottle Opener

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

There are a few things worth noting on the FREE that users may or may not like. For starters, the pliers are not spring-action, so you will open and close them manually as needed. I prefer spring-action pliers, but this isn’t a deal-breaker. I’m not a fan of fidget spinners — waste of money if you ask me. But after using Leatherman’s new FREE multitool (launching this month), I can certainly see some of the appeal. There is no such thing as one perfect unit for all jobs. You will have to carefully judge what type of tools will best complement your work and then move forward from there. LEATHERMAN, Wave Plus Multitool with Premium Replaceable Wire Cutters, Spring-Action Scissors and Nylon Sheath, Built in the USA, Stainless Steel

The can opener is a stand alone tool that was easily able to cut through the can we tried it on. The ruler and file felt a lot like the one found on the Wingman. The ruler is significantly shorter than we would have liked at just 1.41 inches. The file is your standard wood/metal file and worked as well as any we’ve seen. However, it has 21 tools on it, which makes three more tools than the Free P2, and that should add a lot more utility for you certainly. For those of you who prefer something other than a pliers-based tool, stay tuned for more tools in the FREE collection coming later this year.

PREMIUM MULTITOOL EXPERIENCE: Introducing the FREE P-Series, our most advanced multipurpose plier experience to date; A brand-new platform, magnetic closing and outside-accessible tools It contains 19 tools to the P4’s 21 but includes things like multiple bit drivers and premium blade steel. If that’s important to you then the Charge TTi is still going to reign supreme. If you prefer the easy open design of the Free P4 and like how intuitive it is to use you’ll probably prefer it to the Charge TTi. Leatherman Free P4 Vs Surge

Often, he said, that meant the opening action was smooth and easy. But it turned out that making a Leatherman that works out of the box like a well broken-in tool required a near-total rebuild. The first thing you’ll notice with the Free P4 is that Leatherman kept the classic butterfly fold design. Even more fitting, the use of a magnetic clasp system actually allows you to swing the P4 open just like you would a butterfly knife. Similarly, you can think of P4 as the more robust option that is used by experts across the nation. Once the initial playtime is over, however, it’s time to get at the tools. Unlike almost all of Leatherman’s other pliers-based multis, all tools on the FREE are accessed externally. I prefer this mode, as it simplifies navigating the tool during use.You won’t break your nails anymore, this has never happened to me or any Leatherman owner I’ve ever known, including women. While Leatherman’s Advance Development Team spent years reengineering the FREE, including big investments into automotive-grade machining processes, two key construction differences will stand out for the common user (like myself): magnets and an elastomer spring. TOOLS in 1: Includes all the essentials, from replaceable wire cutters to spring-action scissors to 2 knives for ambidextrous use; Ideal for EDC, home, work and everything else

Every other full-size Leatherman has a ruler stamped into the body, but the Free has a very short, useless ruler printed on a bit. But wait, the Free has the same type of edge that the Wave/Charge have it stamped on. Won’t a printed rule rub off but a stamped one won’t? Just more proof of hipster status here. The printed on rule is more noticeable even though it’s almost useless. If you’re still confused, then there is no harm in going to your local workshop or the hardware store and testing out these units for yourself. It looks pretty much the same, and with one look, you might be confusing it with the Free P2 at times.The Free P4 is definitely the best thing that you will need if you are an enthusiast or hobbyist and you just cannot resist getting something done when you see some problem with it.

The introduction of magnets makes possible the FREE’s sexy selling points. For one, it enables one-handed-open action. But the magnets also enabled a new way to access all the component tools. Instead of the “nail-busting” technique everyone is accustomed to, the FREE fans out its tools with a gentler thumb roll.The added tools are for those who are looking to go the extra mile and have any needs with cutting or some other similar projects. I am happy to report, that after almost a month of abuse, the magnets still work as intended without any interruption in function. I even made sure to NOT clean the tool after a few intense and dirty moments, which were totally outside the realm of normal use, and the magnets still performed exceptionally. They’re the only tools that don’t immediately pop out with the magnetic release. Instead you use a large thumbhole located on either blade to swing them out when needed. We found them to be amply sized for most regular tasks and extremely sharp. 420HC steel is corrosion resistant but still able to take and hold an edge well. Saw This one really comes down to your own personal preference. If you want possibly the most rugged and capable multi tool on Earth you should go for the Surge. If you’re wowed by the next gen functionality of the P4 it’s a great option to go with. Conclusion – Final Thoughts On the Leatherman Free P4

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment