276°
Posted 20 hours ago

VIAHART Brain Flakes - Educational, Creative Building Toy, Tested for Children's Safety, 500 Interlocking Plastic Discs, with Storage Jar. A great STEM Toy for Boys and Girls

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Great price, great to have 12 colors. I bought 4 sets of 500+ to be able to make more things, but 2 sets (1000+) should be fine for lots of large projects, or many small ones if you don't want to take them apart right away. Child safe | BPA, lead, heavy metal, and phthalate free! | Compliant with ASTM US CPSIA safety regulations. A simple geometric toy of wide potential for construction and creativity. The pieces fit at 45 degree angles, but flexible enough that you can warp them a little.

I remember something like them as a kid (unknown name), but bought them as a tool to explore geometry, and I'll bring them to a summer camp for kids next month. A few of the kids were harder than others to decide on, but 3-year-old Michael was particularly tough. Develops spatial intelligence and thinking | A great solo or collaborative group activity for school classrooms, Makerspaces, Montessori, daycares, libraries, or home! | Countless design possibilities and hours of skill building play | Engineers Start Here! The other day, the kids spend an entire afternoon building different Pokemon (yes, my kids are into Pokemon – ahh the memories!) and having battles with each other. You see, while STEAM definitely includes fun science projects and mechanical experiments, STEAM also includes building and exploring physics and expanding the creative mind.I knew right away that Michael would love these little brainflakes.I had no idea how much his siblings would also love them. (At the time of writing this, 5 of the kids are currently laughing, building, and creating their newest brain flake creations.) Yesterday, Nicole built a giant horse-drawn carriage, complete with three horses. Spencer used a good portion of our collection to build a skeletal dragon, complete with moving joints. Dragon with moving joints made out of brainflakes

I was also surprised to see my 17-year-old play with them on her own. My youngest daughter left the jar of Brain Flakes on the table one afternoon while we ran some errands, and we returned to find an amazing colorful tree had been built from them. I asked who’d made it, and my teenager laughed and told me she’d Googled how to build it while we were out. I have to admit that I’ve also played with these colorful discs too after the kids have gone to bed. I’m not as creative as my daughters are, but I’ve enjoyed building towers with them. Michael loves playing Legos with his older brother, but somehow, no matter how many Legos I buy for the younger boys, they all seem to end up in Spencer’s private collection. Mysteriously.My grandkids love these brain flakes. They build for hours and hours. What a great creative outlet. Sometimes they dream things up in their heads. Other times, we look at library books or images on-line to create all kinds of animals, cars, etc. etc. I love that all ages can enjoy them, even adults. The hardest part is taking apart the favorites to build something new!

Charlene Hess is the founder of Hess UnAcademy. She spent many years teaching before she had her own kids. She now has 8 kids of her own, whom she has been homeschooled for over a decade. This is one of the best educational toys we have seen. The kids love them; are in constant use. A great secondary benefit: they are not painful to set on with bare feet as are LEGOs He’s 3, so he can’t really handle a lot of toys geared towards older kids yet.But he is so incredibly smart, he gets bored with toys designed for children his age.My 8-year-old wasn’t the only person who wanted to play with the jar of Brain Flakes. My 17-year-old daughter was intrigued by them, which surprised me. She convinced her sister to share so they could build together. The two of them snapped the pieces together to build trees, snowflakes, and colorful buildings, and there wasn’t a single argument between them during that time. I bought these last week and the kids haven't put them down. I have a 4 y/o who prefers them now over lego's. As a parent, I enjoy them a lot too! :) My youngest daughter left the jar of Brain Flakes on the table one afternoon while running errands and we returned to find an amazing colorful tree built by my teenager. Care: Toss them into the jar

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment