276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Reinventing Organizations: A Guide to Creating Organizations Inspired by the Next Stage in Human Consciousness: A Guide to Creating Organizations Inspired by the Next Stage of Human Consciousness

£7.475£14.95Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Buurtzorg’s purpose is not to give shots and change bandages efficiently but to help elderly patients live a rich and autonomous life. Something similar has happened at Patagonia, the outdoors apparel maker. At its headquarters in Ventura, California, the company hosts a Child Development Center for employees’ children, from the tender age of a few months up to kindergarten age. Children’s laughter and chatter are among the regular sounds at the office, coming from the playground outside, from children visiting their parents’ desks, or from kids joining parents and colleagues for lunch at the cafeteria. It is not uncommon to see a mother nursing her child during a meeting.

Why are video games more popular than work? … Why do many workers spend years dreaming about and planning for retirement? The reason is simple and dispiriting. We have made the workplace a frustrating and joyless place where people do what they’re told and have few ways to participate in decisions or fully use their talents. As a result, they naturally gravitate to pursuits in which they can exercise a measure of control over their lives. What about businesses, nonprofits, schools, hospitals, government agencies, and other institutions where these conditions are not in place? Can a middle manager hope to influence an entire enterprise by showcasing Teal practices locally? As much as I would like to believe this is possible, my hopes are not high. Experience shows that it takes more than a successful local example to catalyze this sort of system-wide change. This paradigm gave birth to many of our modern resource-allocation, appraisal and incentive systems. It’s built on the belief that individuals should be free to challenge the rules and do what’s the most effective to achieve success. It brought 3 key breakthroughs: innovation, accountability and meritocracy. Orange Organizations (e.g. investment banks, MNCs) are dynamic and growth-oriented, but tend to operate like soulless machines. People are seen as resources to be optimized, and organizations promote over-consumption to maximize gains. Can we create soulful workplaces―schools, hospitals, businesses, and nonprofits―where our talents can blossom and our callings can be honored?Every stage of organizational evolution is more mature and effective than the previous stage, because of the inherent attitude toward power. A Red leader asks, How can I use my power to dominate? An Amber leader asks, How can I use it to enforce the status quo? An Orange leader asks, How can we win? A Green leader asks, How can we empower more people? A Teal leader asks, How can everyone most powerfully pursue a purpose that transcends us all? This means no hierarchy or org chart for the company; we're alla hybrid version of self-employed, in a certain sense. We're trusted and valued and free.We share deeply and engage fully with every part of our being---hopes, fears, strengths, weaknesses,gratitude, humility, love, and whatever else you care to share. And when it comes to setting the vision for the future, we let the vision set itself.It's radical and beautiful and edifying and perfect. I want to hand a copy of the book to everyone I know and place it on the syllabus for every business class there is. I want everyone to be able to work this way. I'm beyond grateful that I get the chance to do so. Reinventing OrganizationsbyFrederic Laloux Modern organisations have brought about sensational progress for humanity in less than two centuries―the blink of an eye in the overall timeline of our species. None of the recent advances in human history would have been possible without organisations as vehicles for human collaboration. Frédéric Laloux screened and researched over fifty organisations, including Buurtzog Nederland and The Morning Star Company, with the following conditions: they had been operating for at least five years with a minimum of one hundred employees, and with a significant number of management practices that were consistent with the Teal level of consciousness. [1] Laloux describes the five stages of organisational structure, each of which is designated a colour (Red, Amber, Orange, Green, Teal) depending on how 'evolved' they are. He describes the management structure and developments associated with each stage, such as the creation of meritocracy and replicable processes. Top leadership. The chief executive must have an integrated world view and psychological development consistent with the Teal paradigm. It is helpful if a few close colleagues share this perspective.

The center simply framed a few questions that turned the appraisal into a moment of joint exploration: They decided that two principles, two basic social values, should inspire every management practice at Morning Star: individuals should never use force against other people and they should honor their commitments. FAVI: a brass foundry in France, which produces (among other things) gearbox forks for the automotive industry, and has about 500 employees. In some innovative companies, managers are not appointed from above, but from below: subordinates choose their boss, after interviewing prospective candidates. In this groundbreaking book, the author shows that every time, in the past, when humanity has shifted to a new stage of consciousness, it has achieved extraordinary breakthroughs in collaboration. A new shift in consciousness is currently underway. Could it help us invent a more soulful and purposeful way to run our businesses and nonprofits, schools and hospitals?Is it possible to reinvent organizations, to devise a new model that makes work productive, fulfilling, and meaningful? The first version of the map was finished in 2013 and was a result of a research project (sponsored by German ministry of education and research). The early version of the map presented by IMU Augsburg on the 2014 Integral Conference in Budapest, was the major inspiration source for the first version of the Reinventing Organisation Map, which was first published 2016.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment