276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Locked Attic: The BRAND NEW mind-blowing thriller from the author of Sunday Times bestseller The Dinner Guest

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Now in the middle of the explosions, Stephanie rings the bell, taking her steps into lion’s den a.k. a. her neighbor’s house. She lost her son and she is determined to find out what her neighbors are hiding from her! But later an incident affects both of the boys’ lives. They reject to talk about it. Danny starts acting weird, angry, resented. Before Stephanie finds out the source of his anger, another tragedy strikes the family. The Franklin family across the street is strange, but Danny eventually makes friends with Jonathan, who is the same age, and in some of his classes. Danny finds the family strange as well. There is a lot of anger in that household, and the father spends a lot of time in the attic, supposedly working. However, about half way through, that no longer mattered. The story had me hooked. Yes, it was a long time to be frustrated, but apparently it was worth it. Everyone was keeping secrets, some of them not worth keeping, and others really creepy. I loved the relationship between Jonathan and Danny, and I loved how much Stephanie cared for her son.

Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in. First, let me thank NetGalley, the publisher Harper Collins - One More Chapter and of course the author, for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own. They soon are introduced to their new neighbors, Richard and wife Janet with son Jonathan (Danny’s age) and older sister, Mimi. Danny and Jonathan attend the same school and soon become friends, with Danny having a hidden crush on Mimi.

The ending was incredibly anti-climactic. The build-up was incredible. I was completely hooked, and then I was just let down. I loved this author's first novel, but have been a bit underwhelmed by this one and the second one. While it held my attention it just doesn't have the depth I am looking for. As I said before I enjoyed Danny's and Jonathan's storyline but Stephanie, her husband along with the neighbors seemed very one dimensional. Also the author eluded to the explosion but to be a topic mentioned frequently especially as a notated timeline I was expecting more on that front.Then something, as it usually does, happens and the boys are no longer the close friends they once were. Then there is a devastating car crash, an explosion, and a quest to find out the truth. A band practice, seven months prior, set this psychological thriller in motion. Janet Franklin, a pompous, control freak treated her new neighbor Stephanie with condescension. However, Richard, a overly critical college lecturer encouraged the friendship of his 15 year old son, Jonathan and Stephanie's son, Danny. The boys were now bandmates as well...but... life changed on a dime. The boys appeared different after a rehearsal. There was an "awkward tension" between them. "... this odd night...everything went spinning off in another direction."

What a freaking tense, heart throbbing, dark reading keeps you on your toes! You barely breathe! You can cut the atmosphere with a knife! The present –Foggy and confused, Stephanie wakes in a hospital following a head injury. She has no idea why she’s there. Danny starts acting a little strange himself. Neither Stephanie nor Pete can get to the bottom of what is troubling their son.The best part of the story is the friendship between Stephanie's son Danny and Jonathan, son of the weird couple across the street. Good kids, struggling with so many things, some the normal parts of growing up and some that should never ever happen. Best friends who are torn apart by several events. Danny spends months being very moody and depressed and Stephanie wants to know why, even after he dies, especially after he dies. Part of the book is narrated by Danny and he's a good kid, getting a bad deal in more ways than one. Stephanie knows that Jonathan knows more about why her son was so withdrawn before his death, and she is determined to find out the truth.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment