276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Bresser S-Series 8 x 42 Roof Binocular - Black

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The Porro versions have a tripod adapter thread and can be easily connected to a regular photo tripod.

For situations when greater stability is desired, the Bresser 8x42 and 10x42 models have a tripod thread. Whilst with the porro prism Cobra's that include one of the popular Bresser 10x50 binoculars you get folding rubber eyepieces, 5-lens eyepieces and standard tripod thread making it simple to attach the Cobra binoculars to any photo-tripod. Currently, the Pirsch ED series consists of five models, all of which have ED glass lens elements and an open bridge roof prism design and range in size from 34mm to these 42mm ones and onto the large 56mm model. There is low dispersion ED glass in objective lenses, prisms are dielectric and phase corrected, and all air-to-glass surfaces are supposed to be multi-coated. Together with the longer eye relief of the LE eyepieces, this ensures that the entire field of view is visible through glasses.

Putting aside the differences in weight, this does actually make a difference to how each of these instruments feels in the hands and I would say this is certainly something to consider should you have smaller hands as I found this 8x42 model a little easier to hold and focus especially when doing it one-handed. Then somewhat fortuitously, later on in the day, we had a huge thunderstorm and the sky went very dark and I obviously took the opportunity to compare the views through all the binoculars once again. There are currently five models within the Pirsch ED series, all of which have an open bridge roof prism design and range in size from the mid-sized 34mm versions, to large 56mm models. In terms of the design, it looks to me as though Bresser uses exactly the same focus wheels on both models, which makes perfect sense. If you are interested in Bresser S-Series 8X42 Binoculars, discover also other outdoor products related to Bresser in the Camping department and Binoculars catalogue.

I consider anything at or 6ft as being excellent, so these come close, and certainly, the better option should you occasionally like to view things like flowers, butterflies, and other insects from a very close range.As you would expect due to their smaller lenses, the barrels on the 8x42 Bresser Pirsch ED are thinner than those of the 56 and don't flare out anywhere near as much towards the end. This 8x42 Bresser Pirsch ED binocular on the other hand is genuinely a fantastic all-rounder, sure it may not match the 8x56 in very low light, but thanks to quality optics and coatings, it is no slouch either and performs very well against its direct 8x42 competition.

Now that I have this 8x42 model with me, I have the chance to compare them side-by-side and take this thought process a little further and perhaps come to a conclusion. I need to use the word “apparent” here certainly because what our eyes perceive and what a scientific instrument measures can be two totally different things. There was a lot of movement of migrating birds so I took the chance to test them in some more challenging circumstances. Made by Bresser, Bresser Wave 8x42 Binoculars is available in a range of sizes and colours, and comes complete with everything you´ll need.

The Noctivids are better but I don't feel the gap between them is big enough to justify another 1000€ extra. Simply reach across the barrels with each hand and gently move the focus knob to the left or right until you achieve sharp focus. Chromatic Aberration (color fringing on high contrast objects) is well controlled within the sweet spot. Discovery and related logos are trademarks of Discovery or its subsidiaries and affiliates, used under license. Again, as referenced in other reviews I use the term “depth of focus” to refer to how long the image stays in focus as I rotate the focus knob in either direction.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment