276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Home Game (A Vancouver Wolves Hockey Romance Book 2)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I understand she has to be the antagonist, I guess, but the level of cattiness and vindictive behavior felt really forced given the way the rest of the characters were written. Also, I am sleep deprived and not on my adhd meds today, so my post is a bit all over the place in terms of coherent thoughts and writing structure.

Home Game - Read book online - 24symbols Home Game - Read book online - 24symbols

Another point earlier on in the book when Zoe and aryan are talking about her style choices, soecifcalky in regard to employment she says something about how being blonde andbwearing tight skirts etc would somehow make her less threatening and her not really feeling the need to do that, and then later on GOING BLONDE and wearing all this pink as if the only way to be feminine is by being petite/small, blonde and PINK(! I gave it four stars because the characters were written gently and thoughtfully , and I just enjoyed the experience of reading it. It's rare in newer romance that we see these kinds of dynamics being problematic stated as such, and I think Odette did a great job of writing about it in a way that wasn't preachy.Additionally, I would really really love to read about Krista and was glad there was some kind of friendship for both protagonists to give this breath. But once Ryan's mom shows up, it gave that perspective to the story and allowed Ryan to be able to take a step back and evaluate the situation, the relationship and what would be best for zoey, the person with the keast powerr at the time. Without these cookies, we won't know if you have any performance-related issues that we may be able to address.

Home Game (A Vancouver Wolves Hockey Romance Book 2)

Excellent older parent figures and while I was reading this book, the the entire time I was thinking about how weird it was that Ryan didn't see how the situation looks in regard to him "saving" Zoe from being homeless and then immediately having her live with him as a sexual and romantic partner even though she had no resources of her own and has never been able to really care for herself financially or otherwise. She lives in Vancouver with her soulmate and partner-in-crime, and lives for coffee, walks on the beach, a good book, and TV dramas.Also thought the narrators did a fantastic job and Ryan's voice was so entertaining with that kinda surfer voice with Canadian mixed in.

Home Game by Odette Stone, Madeleine Dauer, Alex Kydd Home Game by Odette Stone, Madeleine Dauer, Alex Kydd

I appreciated that Ryan was written as a person who was aware of the power he had in their relationship as friends and eventually romantic partners and Odette made a point not to exploit that just for the sake of steamy sex scenes.I struggle with authors who insist on writing FMC in the gaze of whiteness and it's beauty standards as if there aren't all kinds of gorgeous and feminine and lovely women of all shapes and sizes and colors who are desireable and kick ass. Her characters are gripping and she weaves their tale in such a way that I did NOT put this book down! It reminded me that we truly take our lives for granted and I adored Zoey for her strength, tenacity, and kindness. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment