276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Long Live the Pumpkin Queen: Disney Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The Perfectionist: Ruby Valentino, Queen of Valentine's Town, is so obsessed with how her town looks that merely seeing a single bleeding heart flower is enough to set her off. My Disney+ avatar is Sally. So of course I had to read this book. And while I was impressed by how Ernshaw managed to capture the characters, little else actually really did anything for me. Adaptational Villainy: While he was already a minor antagonist, it is revealed in the book that Dr. Finkelstein kidnapped Sally when she was 12 and made her lose her memories with a potion.

Alice in Wonderland: Alice • White Rabbit • Cheshire Cat • Mad Hatter • Caterpillar • The Queen of Hearts • Doorknob • King of Hearts • Little Oysters • House Alice • Rose • March Hare Aladdin: Aladdin • Jasmine • The Sultan • Prince Achmed • Gazeem • Razoul • Rajah • Iago • Abu • Genie • Jafar • Magic Carpet • Pink Flamingo • Beggar Jafar • Golden Scarab Beetle • Magic Lamp • Snake Charmer • Golden Camel Worm’s Wort • Frog’s Breath • Deadly Night Shade • Frog Gun • Worm's Wort Soup • Bat Boomerang • Pumpkin Bomb • Dog Biscuits • Shrunken Head • Bathtub • Run-Over Turtle • Soul Robber Cissy Jones looks pretty new to narration. She did really great and I have no complaints about her voice or performance. She was wonderful with the voices and the story but like I said before some of the magic is missing and I don't think it is Cissy Jones' fault at all. I was able to listen at my usual 1.5x spead Atlantis: The Lost Empire: Kida Nedakh • Vincenzo Santorini • Helga Sinclair • Milo Thatch • Audrey Ramirez

Did we miss something on diversity?

Really this is best imagined as a live action Claymation story and my mind just couldn't be inventive enough to get me there on my own, which is why most of this book fell a little flat. Solid story, interesting characters, solid ending but missing something to make it live up to the original.

Original Worlds: Destiny Islands • Traverse Town • Radiant Garden/Hollow Bastion • Disney Castle/Disney Town/Timeless River • Dive to the Heart • End of the World • Realm of Darkness • Twilight Town/ Mysterious Tower • The World That Never Was • Castle That Never Was • Land of Departure/Castle Oblivion • Keyblade Graveyard • Daybreak Town/Scala ad Caelum Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs: Snow White • Dopey • Magic Mirror • The Evil Queen • Grumpy • The Prince • Sleepy • Doc • Winter Snow White • The Witch • Obsidian Snow White Beauty and the Beast: Beast • Cogsworth • Lumière • Belle • Gaston • Mrs. Potts • Chip • LeFou • Maurice Review copy was received from NetGalley. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review. The Haunted Mansion • Phantom Manor • Mystic Manor • Haunted Mansion Holiday • Memento Mori • Museum of the WeirdFrozen: Elsa • Anna • Olaf • Sven • Kristoff • Marshmallow • Grand Pabbie • The Fire Spirit • Elsa the Snow Queen • Queen Anna • Diamond Elsa • Young Anna • Citrine Anna • Opal Olaf Alice in Wonderland: Mad Hatter • March Hare • Caterpillar • Alice • Queen of Hearts • White Rabbit • Cheshire Cat

Sally was also featured in a unit based on The Nightmare Before Christmas in Disneyland's Frightfully Fun Parade. Ernshaw, Shea (2 August 2022). Long Live the Pumpkin Queen: Tim Burton's the Nightmare Before Christmas. Glendale, California: Disney Publishing Worldwide. ISBN 978-1-368-06960-1 . Retrieved 22 October 2023. Lilo & Stitch: Stitch • Lilo • Jumba • Scrump • Angel • Shaved Ice Stitch • Rainbow Stitch • Nani Pelekai Sally takes over as the story’s central protagonist, showing that she isn’t fond of the spotlight. When Halloween Town is fast asleep thanks to The Sandman, it is up to Sally to set things right. Sally was originally supposed to have trouble walking. This idea was rejected due to the animators thinking Sally looked drunk while walking. However, in the movie proper, Sally does walk a little stiffer than the other characters.

This novel contains examples of:

After returning to the lab, it is revealed that Sally has grown resentful of Dr. Finkelstein's over-protectiveness and that in the past has slipped deadly nightshade into his tea (at least three times) as a narcotic and then left the house while he was asleep. Disney Characters introduced in Birth by Sleep: Prince Phillip • Maleficent's Goons • Doc • Grumpy • Happy • Sleepy • Bashful • Sneezy • Dopey • The Prince • Evil Queen • Magic Mirror • Prince Charming • Jaq • Lady Tremaine • Anastasia • Drizella • Lucifer • Grand Duke • Grand Councilwoman • Captain Gantu • Jumba • Experiment 221 • Lost Boys

Video Games: Disney Princess: Fashion Boutique • Disney Princess • Disney Princess: Magical Dress-Up • Disney Princess: Royal Horse Show • Disney Princess: Royal Adventure • Disney Princess: Enchanted Journey • Disney Princess: Magical Jewels • Disney Princess: My Fairytale Adventure • Disney Princess Enchanting Storybooks • Disney Princess Majestic Quest • Disney Tsum Tsum • Disney Emoji Blitz • Disney Heroes: Battle Mode • Disney Magic Kingdoms Sleeping Beauty: Aurora • Prince Phillip • Maleficent • Flora • Fauna • Merryweather • Winter Aurora • Dragon Maleficent • Briar Rose • Peridot Maleficent Toys and Merchandise • Mobile Application (Disney and Star Wars) • Mobile Application (Marvel) • Television Shorts • Kingdom Hearts Union χ • Disney Tsum Tsum Festival • Twisted Wonderland It's All My Fault: Sally spends the duration of the novel regretful of accidentally unleashing the Sandman. Woods, Jim (16 July 2020). "Circleville's Pumpkin Show in October canceled due to pandemic". The Columbus Dispatch. USA Today Netowrk . Retrieved 23 October 2023.Big Hero 6: Hiro • Baymax • Fred • Wasabi • Honey Lemon • Go Go Tomago • Tadashi Hamada • Yokai • Mochi Finding Nemo/ Finding Dory: Nemo • Dory • Hank • Crush • Bruce • Baby Dory • Destiny • Bailey • Pearl • Platinum Nemo • Darla Big Hero 6: Hiro Hamada • Baymax • Robert Callaghan • Go Go Tomago • Honey Lemon • Wasabi • Fred • Fred's Dad • Tadashi Hamada • Cass • Yama • Alistair Krei • Heathcliff • Abbigail Callaghan • Megabot • Sergeant Gerson • Cass This is her moment to prove to herself, and everyone else, that she has what it takes to be a Queen.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment