276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Fing

£6.495£12.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Mr Stink, Gangsta Granny, The Boy in the Dress and Billionaire Boy have all been adapted into TV comedy dramas. David’s books have also been made into theatre productions including Mr Stink, Gangsta Granny, Ratburger and The First Hippo on the Moon. His most recent fiction title, The World’s Worst Children, published on 19th May 2016 sold over 340,000 copies in the UK alone. It went straight to No. 1 on release where it stayed for 4 weeks and also concurred Children’s Books charts, where it stayed at No.1 for 7 weeks. Internationally sales continue to thrive, The World’s Worst Children also went straight to No. 1 in the Australian children’s chart and remained there for three consecutive weeks and reached the No. 1 in the overall book chart in New Zealand. Myrthe is een verwend kind. Een echt monster. Ze behandelt haar ouders als vuil, scheldt ze uit, en eist alleen maar meer en meer. Op een dag weet ze niet meer wat ze nog kan vragen, ze heeft alles al. En dus eist ze een DINGES, en wel zo snel mogelijk. Haar ouders, meneer en Mevrouw Mak, weten niet wat een dinges is. Gelukkig werken ze in de bibliotheek en daar staat het dinges in een boek: de Monsterpedie. Een dinges is het meest destructieve en slechtste huisdier ter wereld. Toch gaat Papa Mak het oerwoud in om een dinges te vangen. Onderweg komt hij allerlei akelige monsters tegen. David has proved himself as a dramatic actor in BBC2's 'Capturing Mary' with Dame Maggie Smith, in BBC1's Agatha Christie series 'Partners In Crime', as Frankie Howerd in the biopic ‘Rather You Than Me’ for BBC4, and on the stage in Harold Pinter’s 'No Man’s Land' starring alongside Sir Michael Gambon. He received the Comedy Award at the Evening Standard Theatre Awards for his performance as Bottom in ‘A Midsummer Night’s Dream’ directed by Michael Grandage. Little Britain’, which he co-created with Matt Lucas, started on Radio 4 and soon progressed to BBC1. The show has won numerous international awards including three BAFTAs, and now plays in over 100 countries. ‘Little Britain Live’ performed to a million people in the UK, Ireland and Australia. David and Matt followed ‘Little Britain’ with the hugely popular spoof airport documentary series 'Come Fly With Me'.

Elf. Finger puppets of every king and queen of England from 1066 to the present day. Gravel collection. It was the biggest in Europe. The front cover of the books says: “ Fing is an explosively funny tale” - something the children agreed with unanimously.I wanna teddy bear!” I wanna pony!” I wanna suitcase full of money!” The girl would make such a din that the little Meek family house would actually shake.

The most embarrassing moment of her life was when she once sneezed on a bus, and everybody turned round and looked. It will not surprise you to learn that she is also a librarian. Meredith met Maurice at the LIBRARY. They were both so painfully shy that they never spoke a word to each other for the first ten years of working there. Eventually, across the poetry aisle, Maurice and Meredith fell in love. Some years later, they were married, and some years after that they had a baby girl. As well as being a No.1 best-selling Children’s author, David Walliams is one of Britain's most popular writers and comic actors. While my son found this entertaining, and I did enjoy some moments (list of unusual creatures in the MONSTERPEDIA being one), it just didn't feel as though it had been created with much love or care as some of the author's others clearly were. Even Fing himself has no character - he's an eating/pooing being, no emotion besides a lot of 'grrrr'ing. So I didn't care for the girl, her parents, the pet - there's no 'enemy' or battle... it really is just a reject from World's Worst Children or one made longer.

Please enter a search term!

Compared with other books by David Wallliams, this one is shorter and was a fairly easy read for most of my Year 4 children. They absolutely loved the toilet humour - there are lots of poo jokes - and they enjoyed the weird and wonderful names given to the monsters featured in the Monsterpedia. Meet the Meeks. They are funny and people who don’t give up to please their daughter, however dangerous, impossible or an “ARE YOU CRAZY?!!!” situation they are in. Who is this daughter? Her name is Myrtle and she is an absolute HORROR!

Chapter 15: Trap! Chapter 16: Suspicious Droppings Chapter 17: Wiggled, Waggled and Woggled Chapter 18: Double Trouble Chapter 19: Flying Sausage Chapter 20: Furry Finger-Warmer Chapter 21: Hot-Air Fing-Ing Chapter 22: Beard Down to his Belly Button Part 4: Big Fing and Little Fing Chapter 23: How We Laughed Chapter 24: Being British Chapter 25: Wart Chapter 26: A Volcanic Explosion of Tears, Snot and Dribble Chapter 27: Custard-Cream-Induced Frenzy Chapter 28: Gobble! Chapter 29: Big Fing, Meet Little Fing Part 5: Kaboom! Chapter 30: Instant Replay Chapter 31: Pong Chapter 32: Fizzling Fur Chapter 33: Nightmare Chapter 34: Escaped Burp Chapter 35: Behind You Chapter 36: A Ginormous Boot Up the Bottom Chapter 37: Silence Epilogue Footnotes More from the World of David Walliams Also by David Walliams About the Publisher When Myrtle declares she want a fing there is only one problem…what is a fing? Mr and Mrs Meek will do anything to keep their darling daughter happy, and the story tells of their quest to find one. This includes a visit to the library vaults, to consult the mysterious Monsterpedia and Mr Meek’s trip to the “deepest, darkest, jungliest jungle”, where only the rarest of creatures can be found.We spotted our beloved Raj twice (once as a graphic on a bus, and once Walliams shoehorns him in, even saying he's done it to place the beloved newsagent in the story). Always a highlight, but certainly not enough to help raise this up from 'meh' rating to the bestselling status it will instantly earn without the merit of Walliams' previous heartfelt and genuinely funny inventions.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment