276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Dracula's Whitby

£7.995£15.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Isabel and Marjorie Smith and their friend Miss Stokes would become Mina, Lucy, and Mrs Westenra and live on in the pages of Dracula. He has appeared in over 215 films and, since its publication in 1897, Dracula has never been out of print. Twice a year Whitby is overtaken by goths from around the country and across the world for this alternative music festival.

You will also be able to enjoy new improved facilities, making sure you get the most out of your visit. For Dracula fans, I would request to stay in the Dracula room that not only has lots of Vampire-themed decor, but also the perfect view of Whitby Abbey. Discover more about the walk here We hope you’ve learned a little more about the connections between Dracula and Whitby, and that you enjoy your stay in the town! High above Whitby, and dominating the whole town, stands Whitby Abbey, the ruin of a once-great Benedictine monastery, founded in the 11th century.C W Sellors (Gold and Silversmiths) Ltd act as a credit broker, not the lender and offers credit products from Secure Trust Bank PLC trading as V12 Retail Finance. I saw they recently broke a record for the most people dressed as Vampire's since Bram Stoker released his novel.

He noted down inscriptions and names for later use, including ‘Swales’, the name he used for Dracula’s first victim in Whitby. Dracula has had as much of an influence on Whitby as the town had on Bram Stoker during that summer in 1890. With fantastic views over the coast, a fascinating museum and wide open grounds to roam, it’s a great value day out for everyone. I must have gone fast, and yet it seemed to me as if my feet were weighted with lead…When I got almost to the top I could see the seat and the white figure… There was undoubtedly something, long and black, bending over the half-reclining white figure. But, you can drive up to Whitby Abbey or get the Whitby Open Bus tour that runs from the Whitby Visitor Centre in town.Dracula's Bats: The illustration features Dracula's bats, adding a touch of the supernatural to your letters and making them perfect for vampire pen pals and gothic enthusiasts. Don’t forget to look in your wardrobe where you’ll find garlic and a wooden stake and hammer in case of any vampire attacks! Many of Stoker’s own notes made during the visit were included in the dialogue of Mina Murray, one of the novel’s main characters. It would make an excellent addition to the collection of any Dracula fan, and particularly those who have visited or are intending to visit Whitby. In 1890 Stoker arrived in Whitby, it is believed the windswept headlands, the dramatic abbey ruins and swooping bats all helped inspire the novel.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment