276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Just My Luck: The Sunday Times Number One Bestseller from the author of gripping domestic thrillers and bestsellers like Lies Lies Lies

£6.495£12.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The final chapter was, of course, very telling too and proved my fleeting inkling was correct. The story was well told and kept my attention (although the party was perhaps slightly too detailed) throughout.

JUST MY LUCK | Kirkus Reviews

A compelling take on one of those “what if” scenarios that we’ve all wondered about. Addictive, provocative and thoroughly relatable – a brilliantly crafted reminder to be careful what you wish for’ TM Logan Adrien's life was torn between being hounded by fans or by being oppressed by his overbearing father. The only time that he ever truly feels free is when he takes form as his alter ego Chat Noir and is by Ladybug's side. When he turns 18, Adrien not only gains the ability to use unlimited Cataclysms he finally gains the attention of his crush and bugaboo, Ladybug. friends have done the lottery for 15 years, 4 friends decide it’s too ‘common’ and want to stop playing with immediate effectI just love Adele Parks from the first book of hers I read years ago I am yet to find one I don't love. I dived into this book completely unprepared. I only knew that someone wins the lottery, but I wasn’t too familiar with the synopsis. And trust me – it was better for me to explore it all throughout the book. Thank goodness I had a glass of bourbon in hand, and a buddy to read this book with! Kaceey - I wouldn’t haven’t gotten through this one without you! For fifteen years, Lexi and Jake have played the same six numbers with their friends, the Pearsons and the Heathcotes. Over dinner parties, fish & chip suppers and summer barbecues, they've discussed the important stuff - the kids, marriages, jobs and houses - and they've laughed off their disappointment when they failed to win anything more than a tenner. When a middle-class British family wins the lottery, the money causes more problems than anyone could have imagined.

Just My Luck :HarperCollins Australia Just My Luck :HarperCollins Australia

You don't think you could ever, in a million years, handle it, and then it happens and you do. You just go one day at a time and suddenly you realize, here I am. I'm handling it.'" (p. 159) It's the stuff dreams are made of – a lottery win so big, it changes everything. For 15 years, Lexi and Jake have played the same six numbers with their friends, the Pearsons and the Heathcotes. But then one Saturday night, the unthinkable happens. There's a rift in the group. Someone doesn't tell the truth. And soon after, six numbers come up which change everything forever.This is a fanfiction novel. I do not own the rights to the Ladybug and Chat Noir universe. I also don't own the graphics on the cover, but I'm in the process of making a new cover. Thanks! I really wished I have seen more of Toma’s story and point of view, and had a proper closure to his chapter. His story was definitely my favorite one for sure! A compelling take on one of those "what if" scenarios that we've all wondered about. Addictive, provocative and thoroughly relatable - a brilliantly crafted reminder to be careful what you wish for' TM Logan Meantime Lexi, a virtuous ( sometimes painfully so ) CAB advisor feels guilty having so much whilst Jake is throwing caution, himself and money to the wind and spending as much as he can, their 2 kids are equally loving it and helping him spend

Book Review: Just My luck by Adele Parks - In-Common Book Review: Just My luck by Adele Parks - In-Common

Cammie McGovern seems to have become an auto-read author for me as of late. There's something about her novels where I find myself really connecting to her characters and their personal situations. Being that this was her first middle grade novel, I was a bit worried about how this was going to shake up. Turns out, it was fantastic ride that made me shed a few tears!

Thank you to MIRA for inviting me to participate in the blog tour for this book, and providing a widget through NetGalley. The novel will be published on 4/6/21. Quite naturally, the other four want part of the winnings. It seems only fair. They had a lottery syndicate that they all once took very seriously. Just because they did not join in that past week should not have excluded them part of the pot. How far will Lexi and Jake - and the others - go when it comes to those millions?

Just My Luck on Apple Books ‎Just My Luck on Apple Books

Toma stares at me with unadulterated admiration. It’s the best look one human being can give another. He looks at me with respect, approval, gratitude and eagerness. Benny has two brothers, both are older. The eldest is in high school and the other, George is in 6th grade. George is autistic and needs a lot of support from his family and teachers at school. Between meeting, George's needs and their father's Benny and his family are facing a lot. I really enjoyed this novel. It was a story with characters that you could relate to and a story which stole your heart. Benny is starting fourth grade and he’s was happy because he heard wonderful things about Mr. Norris, his teacher. Mr. Norris was fun and exciting and Benny needed that as he was starting the year off without a best friend. Kenneth had moved away and he needed to find a replacement. Benny situation at home was different than his peers. His brother was autistic and his father had just suffered a brain aneurysm for which Benny was blaming himself for. Benny found comfort at school and he was hoping Mr. Norris would help him forgot his issues at home. The school year started out fine but soon Mr. Norris started to change. He was not the person others projected him to be, nor was he the person the students knew from the beginning of the school year, something was different. Benny and Olga noticed this change immediately and wondered why. I liked Benny’s relationship with Olga. She was comfortable in her own shoes and she did her own thing. She wasn’t looking for anyone’s approval yet Benny wondered about his relationship with her. This book is all about friendship and kindness. It has wonderful characters and terrific messages, but it never feels preachy. There were some many fun details as well: Benny's obsession with making Lego stop motion movies, his friend Olga and her hand drawn comic books, George's antics, and Benny's teacher. Lexi's husband, on the other hand, could have easily won a "Most Despicable Husband" award and Lexi's two best friends had no redeeming attributes. With a husband like Jake and two best friends like Lexi's best friends....WHO NEEDS ENEMIES?Imagine winning the lottery after you’ve just had a falling out with your best friends that you just happened to be in a lottery syndicate with the week before. If you are a fan of thrillers and drama, you will definitely enjoy this book. It will keep you on the edge until the very last chapter. And that last chapter will change everything! Let me know once you’ve read it, because I am dying to talk to someone about that last revelation! While there are many reasons I didn’t care for him, I cannot get over how ridiculous he was with spending the money. I literally had massive anxiety as I was trying to calculate how much money the family could potentially have left after his impulse spending. He is being crass. I am not sure what the elegant response to winning nearly eighteen million pounds is, but I doubt it is demanding the money like a highway robber. My favorite book of the year so far! I loved this book from cover to cover and read chunks of it out loud to Robbie.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment