276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Sigma 33B965 30 mm F1.4 DC DC Sony E-Mount-Black

£142.935£285.87Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The 35mm f/1.8 and 30mm f/2.8, on the other hand, require a full turn or 3/4 turn respectively to go from infinity to the minimum focus distance regardless of the speed at which you turn the ring. a much better lens would be the Sony DT 35/1.8). Sigma claims the use of two "ED" glass elements and one aspherical element in the construction of the lens. Images show a modest vignette at f/1.4, with corners that are about -1.3EV dimmer than the center. It's gone at f/2, with corners lagging behind the center by a negligible -0.5EV. You can certainly correct it using software if needed when shooting wide open, but it's a modest effect that won't detract from most images. Conclusions The fast f/1.4 aperture is amazing and can create incredible separation and bokeh effects that are sure to please and this lens is very affordable considering the huge heavy chunks of glass. The fastest aperture all three lenses share is f/2.8. At this value, the 35mm f/1.8 and 30mm f/1.4 look much more similar, though there is an unpleasant texture on the bokeh balls of the Sony lens. The 30mm f/2.8 continues to have the smallest bokeh balls but the overall rendering is nearly identical to its two siblings. Sigma 30mm f/1.4 at f/2.8 Sony 35mm f/1.8 at f/2.8 Sigma 30mm f/2.8 at f/2.8

The Sigma 30mm F1.4 DN is an exceptional performer, compared with its E-mount peers. Sharpness is not just high wide-open, it's also pretty well maintained across the field, falling off very gradually without any sudden drop near the edge (so there shouldn't be any nasty surprises at the corners.) As the lens is stopped down, sharpness improves across almost the entire frame,although much of the improvement ends up concentrated in the center 2/3 of the frame. In terms of chromatic aberration, the Sigma puts up a fairly decent performance. There is some lateral CA but this is easily removed, either by the camera or most editing software. I always obsessively zoom into my images in Lightroom and I really can’t find any major visual flaws with this lens. Distortion is a bit above average (roughly 2.8% barrel distortion) but is easily fixable in something like Lightroom. Probably a typical question, but like others i'm torn between the sigma 30mm F1.4 and the Sony FE 28mm F2. May one of the dpreview staff or one of the viewers, who had tested both of this lenses, kindly tell me which one is more flare resistant ? :D

All three lenses defend themselves well from flare and ghosting. I only came across a few examples when shooting into direct sunlight, the worst of which you can see below. Otherwise it didn’t present an issue. Sigma 30mm f/1.4 Sony 35mm f/1.8 Sigma 30mm f/2.8 This is Apsc lens, and Sony does not provide in body stabilization for its Apsc line. For us a6300 users, ibis is helpful. On my a7rii I wouldn't ever place neither of these two anyway for different reasons. A scaled down version of the FX format Sigma 50mm f/1.4 Art lens, this standard prime for APS-C format cameras is less than two-thirds the physical length and barely more than half the weight. Even so, it’s twice as heavy as Nikon’s 35mm DX prime lens, mostly due to the Sigma having a faster aperture rating.

I have the Touit 32 and I also have a Sigma 30/2.8 which is nowhere near as good. I find it surprising that a faster lens (which usually requires more optical compromise) would be better. But I didn't say it wasn't, just that I doubted it. A glass mold aspherical lens element at the rear group of the lens reduces color aberration and provides high-quality image results. From 15.7″(40 cm) minimum focusing distance to infinity, this lens creates very sharp images with high contrast, and can perform superbly in a great range of applications, including snapshots, portraiture, indoor shooting and landscape photography. Resolution improves at f/2, to an excellent 2,851 lines. It hits 3,080 lines at f/2.8, 3,032 lines at f/4, and 3,094 lines at f/5.6—just about as much as you can expect from a 24MP sensor. Image quality is maintained at f/8 (2,991 lines) and f/11 (2,878 lines), but there is a slight drop at the minimum f/16 setting (2,680 lines). How much do you care about distortion in uncorrected files? Both the Sony 28mm f2 and Sigma 30mm 1.4 are known for distortion. One caveat, though, is all the distortion figures I have seen were measured on the larger full-frame cameras, so I am not sure about its distortion on the smaller APS-C sensor.We tested the lens with a few cameras, including a Sony Alpha 6000, the new Alpha 6300 and an Alpha 7R in its APS-C crop mode, and it felt nicely balanced on each. It is fairly large for the focal length. Most of the other lenses I mentioned previously are smaller, almost pancake, but then they don’t have an f/1.4 aperture, which obviously requires larger elements. I’ve gone on many nighttime photo walks and have rarely run into subjects that a bright streetlight combined with this lens couldn’t capture.

An experienced lens manufacturer offering a diverse range of interchangeable lenses, SIGMA provides the innovative Mount Conversion Service, in which we change the mount of a lens in one of our new product lines to another mount of your choice (charges apply). This service can give new life to your favorite lenses when you wish to use them with a different camera body.Sadly none of them feature optical stabilisation which means – in the absence of sensor-stabilisation in Canon’s bodies so far – you’ll need to hold steady with a sufficiently fast shutter speed, or employ digital stabilisation for movies. I have a ton of sample photos, so strap on board for this real world hands on review of the Sigma 30mm f/1.4 EX DC, using the Sony Alpha A55, and the Canon T3i for camera bodies. Close focus is available to 11.8 inches, fairly typical for a standard-angle lens. It's not a macro —maximum magnification is 1:7 life-size. You can work fairly close to subjects, just don't expect true macro results. Image Quality Here’s the Sigma 30mm f/1.4 EX DC along with the Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisyeye, and the Canon EF 17-40mm f/4 L lens. Sigma 30mm f/1.4 EX DC Lens

With the Sigma 30mm f/1.4, the PDAF squares only work across the vertical central area of the field of view. If the subject moves outside of this area, the camera will use contrast detection AF instead. Our hope is that the lens will become fully compatible with PDAF via firmware update at some point. We’ve been using the 30mm F1.4 with a Nikon Z30. It’s reasonably well-balanced with this camera, not being as large as the Sigma 16mm. It would also work very well with the Nikon Zfc or the Z50 too. The Sigma 30mm f/1.4 DC DN C lens has been designed for smaller format mirrorless cameras and was launched together with two other Contemporary lenses, the 16mm f/1.4 DC DN C and the 56mm f/1.4 DC DN C in 2016. Looking at these examples and those in the sharpness section, there is no question that the 30mm f/1.4, with its very fast maximum aperture, smooth rendering and excellent sharpness at mid-to-close distances, is the best option for environmental portraits. It is closely followed by the 35mm f/1.8, while the 30mm f/2.8 can be used at a pinch. Flare, chromatic aberration, distortion

30mm F1.4 DC DN | C

The lenstip resolution record you refer to is in regards to the four-thirds system. That is to say, it is the sharpest lens they have tested on the four-thirds system. So, without them also testing the lens on a larger APS-C sensor, we can not conclude that lenstip would have arrived at the same conclusion for APS-C. test chart shots, use F/5.6-F/8. It's really hard to tell in the image above, I could've used F/2.8 and nobody

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment