276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Book of Stolen Dreams (The Stolen Dreams Adventures): 1

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

j’ai bien bien aimé. c’est de l’aventure plus que de la magie, mais j’ai quand même apprécié ma lecture! et que dire de la première de couverture! elle est magnifique et est représentative de la belle histoire qu’elle contient. Do you have any more books planned for children, or are you now returning to directing and screenwriting? How did the world develop for Krasnia - did you have any ground rules? Which part would you like to visit, if you could? When I was reading this book I felt like I was in the adventure with Robert and Rachel, the main characters, and I didn't want to stop reading it. This book is great for anyone who likes mysteries and suspense, and it appeals to both boys and girls. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who likes an adventure and a good plot. Farr’s beautifully crafted, thought-provoking story isn’t an easy-breezy read, but Farr is intimately acquainted with its stakes: The Book of Stolen Dreams was inspired by his own German Jewish family’s escape from Nazi Germany between 1935 and 1938. The novel grapples with tough, weighty questions: Is happiness possible under government oppression? When is a risk worthwhile? What do we owe our fellow citizens?

Farr’s characters experience fear and grief right alongside delight and wonder. As his omniscient narrator observes with the mix of hard-won acceptance, hope and love for humanity that echoes throughout The Book of Stolen Dreams, 'Such is life, my friend. There is no joy without accompanying sorrow. There is no despair so dark that a sliver of light cannot abate it.'"Excuse me. I couldn’t help noticing you are alone. Please, my dear girl, you have no reason to fear.” Brief synopsis: Siblings Rachel and Robert Klein will stop at nothing to protect their world and all they hold dear from the tyrannical rule of Charles Malstain, and the secret to that might just be in a very special book 📕

Letta is a Wordsmith: responsible for handing out words to people who need them, she has never questioned why language is rationed. This post-apocalyptic thriller is full of jeopardy, nail-biting tension and some profound themes. I received a gifted copy of this book to read in exchange for an honest review via the publishers and Kaleidoscopic book tours. Although it's not outright said, the names and places in this story gave me strong Russian vibes, so I presume it's set somewhere around there, but placing a date is a little harder. It's a fantasy world, that could be our own. I love medieval Books of illumination. They are strangely magical. In actual fact very often each image - a bird, or an animal or an object - symbolises something very specific. But over time that meaning has stretched and dissolved and, in its place, comes something almost more wonderful. So, this sense of a book that has seen centuries was to me very significant. The overall atmosphere was fantastic, it was easy to imagine all the quirky clothing, from people having penguin hats to pointy noses that looked like beaks, to legs of dictators that looked like carrots. And then, of course, there is the aspect of a library and a book, and if you're a bookworm, which I believe most of you reading this are, how could you not be interested in a bookish, magical, adventure.Ab und an ein Kinderbuch muss auch mal sein, wenn man ein wenig leichtere Kost haben will. Und "Das Buch der gestohlenen Träume" war eine schöne, magische Geschichte, die durchaus sehr leicht von der Hand ging.

We don’t know why this has happened, but Farr immediately sets up a tense and unsettling atmosphere. We are introduced to our protagonists, Robert and Rachel Klein, when they accompany their father to the lending library where he works. This journey is done at night, and nobody is told about it so we know it is dangerous. All we know is that it has something to do with The Book of Stolen Dreams that Felix Klein steals - rumours are that it is scheduled to be destroyed - and charges his children with protecting until they can hand it over to a man called Solomon. This gave me all the vibes of Inkheart, and Northern Lights, while reminding me that these days, it's quite unusual for characters to die in middle grade books. Seeing characters killed off and tortured added to the stakes of this adventure story, I just found the middle quite slow.

Rachel and Robert live a gray, dreary life under the rule of cruel and calculating Charles Malstain. That is, until one night, when their librarian father enlists their help to steal a forbidden book.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment