276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Feminists Don't Wear Pink (and other lies): Amazing women on what the F-word means to them

£8£16.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This book is specifically aimed at young adults, teaching them that they can be whatever they want to be and letting them know that feminism is a lot, but one thing it definitely isn't: a dirty word that describes man-hating women who burn bras and every other stereotype you can think of. i as i already mentioned, do believe that for the younger readers this book is perfect and just shows an overview of what feminism can mean and that it can be different for everyone and that what connects it all is the simple wish and hope that everyone will one day actual be seen as a person instead of a gender. It's true that people do have different experiences and needs under feminism (that's why we have intersectional feminism). It's also true that your experiences as an individual are important. You need this book. Funny, powerful and personal writing by women, for women, about what the F word means to them. Every woman has a different story to tell. Reading them all in one book might just change your life.

The British Book Awards: 2019 Books of the Year Shortlists". Publishing Perspectives. 22 March 2019. Lady Bird і Little Women), Еванни Лінч (дивовижна Луна Лавґуд), Кет Деннінґс (читала і сміялася крізь сльози; прекрасне есе про життєві ситуації, які можуть для жінки закінчитися викраденням. Спойлер: будь-які), Кіри Найтлі (дуже чуттєва розповідь про день, коли народилася її донька і про те, як бути працюючою мамою), Карен Ґіллан (одна з моїх улюблених супутниць Доктора Хто), Джоді Віттакер (перша жінка у ролі Доктора Хто), і Емми Вотсон (надає список книжок про сильних жінок). As a feminist who loves pink, I give this brilliant book of essays an enthusiastic ‘YES.’”—Mindy Kaling Speaking on the Feminists Wear Pink podcast, Arterton said she wanted to encapsulate her “feminist journey” from playing a Bond girl to becoming “almost a spokesperson for equality”. “I decided to write a piece about what would happen post-#MeToo, post Harvey Weinstein, if my Bond girl was a woke woman.” Similarly, if you feel more liberated by feminism, that's great - but that does not mean you've made any significant difference to change things for yourself or other people. Feminism is about recognising systems of injustice and inequality, not on individual choices. While there are things we can do in our individual lives to change things, it's important we recognise the bigger picture.That's not to say it's not a valuable book. Especially because of the inclusive essays, I really do think it would be a great read for teens trying to familiarize themselves with feminism. I hope feminism can do this for me and you and the young women growing up in this climate, and for men - especially for men - who are not adept at embodying their feelings and their truth, and who need women to lead by example and give permission." ( Cat Women - Evanna Lynch, p. 31) Brilliant, hysterical, truthful, and real, these essays illuminate the path for our future female leaders.”—Reese Witherspoon

The older I get the more I discover the depths, the more I realise sexism is a carefully architected system that might take longer than we think to truly decode; that fact alone makes me aware that I am, at twenty-nine, still a feminist with training wheels." (A Feminist Call to Action - Jordan Hewson, p. 289)Arterton added that she appreciated the camaraderie of the Time’s Up era, saying: “In my profession, there has has been a culture of competition: there’s one part for a woman, three female directors. We’re all fighting for a position and it shouldn’t be like that.” The announced cast includes Beanie Feldstein, Michaela Jaé Rodriguez, Kat Dennings, Jameela Jamil and Lolly Adefope.

The book is educational, charmed and hopeful. Reading the words of such powerful feminist activists, ones who push for change everyday through their writing and their art, is as inspiring as it is important.Readers beginning their feminist journey will find Claire Horn’s ‘A Short History of Feminist Theory’ especially useful, summarising as it does the movement’s origins, multi-stranded history and contemporary incarnations. Diverse, empowering, and united by a spirit of sisterly solidarity, these essays are a motivational, supportive rallying call to young women.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment