276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The House Book

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Catie, Catie (October 31, 2012). "Why Don't They Just Leave? Revisiting The Haunting of Hill House". full-stop.net . Retrieved October 16, 2018. The House was haunting, romantic, and suspenseful. Honestly, it would make a really fantastic movie! It's one of those stories that I found very easy to visualize complete as I read. The story just came to life in my mind. If they happened to be showing this story as a movie in theaters, I'd be lining up today! This book is definitely a psychological fest. It plays on your mind just like the author has others play on the minds of the characters and story line. The judges will reveal the winning book during a prize ceremony at the BBC Radio Theatre on November 3rd.

The House by Christina Lauren | Goodreads

This story has good creep factor and I definitely recommend it to fans of Christina Lauren. Although the book is much different than what they typically write, the two do an excellent job when it comes to writing young adult horror. 2 thumbs up!

This is a gripping,twisty thriller about relashionships,lies,revenge and control.I thoroughly enjoyed this riviting book and look forward to reading more books by this author in the future.

The Housemaid: An absolutely addictive psychological thriller

this was like that, but with seventeen-year-olds, and some mushy, gushy romance stuff. It wasn't half bad either...and I think that surprised me because I was hesitant to read it. Seriously, that's all you really need to know...I say read it, especially if you're in the mood for something different than your average ghost story. Also...if you've never seen Monster House...then you should, even if you don't have kids. It truly reminded me of Richard Matheson's Hell House but with a young adult streak and in a less frightening form. Oh and mixed with The Beauty and the Beast tale and all the animated objects! The "habitants" of the house were moody, funny, feisty and I loved them! Montague hopes to find scientific evidence of the existence of the supernatural. He rents Hill House for a summer and invites as his guests several people whom he has chosen because of their experiences with paranormal events. Of these, only Eleanor and Theodora accept. Eleanor travels to the house, where she and Theodora will live in isolation with Montague and Luke. Oller, Jacob (October 10, 2018). "Why The Haunting of Hill House Proves Novels Belong on Netflix". Paste . Retrieved August 17, 2019. I enjoyed this book. Although it’s not exactly what I was expecting from the authors, it is quite a unique tale when it comes to Haunted Houses. In this book, the House is an actual character. One that may terrify readers if reading this book alone at night.

The spooky is quite spooky. The explanation isn't too far fetched and I really liked that it didn't overshadow anything. Yes, the House is a character and plays a pivotal role in the plot, but the focus stayed on Delilah and Gavin.

The House by Simon Lelic | Goodreads

Revisiting the first paragraph of this review... I think some readers are going to wonder why it starts off seemingly as a ghost story and then twists into something off center. And my question to you is... did you read the Note from the Author at the end? I IMPLORE EVERYONE TO DO THIS (for every book). Once I read this: "...what are ghosts anyway but the things that haunt us? Our shame, guilt, remorse, fear. Our secrets. Our pasts. All the things we've endured in our lives that we spend so much of our time trying to escape." - it all made a lot more sense and made my love for this grow a bit.THE NEW NEIGHBORS was a fast-paced riveting read for me. I loved the eerie tone throughout - felt like a gothic thriller. Hard to put down and original! There is a lot that takes place in this novel. What begins as a seemingly simple chronicle of one couple's inner-demons, soon twists into a running commentary of London's prominent 'don't look don't ask' mentality and the implications this has for those who seek help. When none are willing it leaves the individual to take matters into their own hands, with often drastic consequences. If this really were a Stephen King novel there’d be cats turning into zombies by chapter three. Great nod to the King himself. Best Character goes to the Antagonist...The House. Not that I was rooting for the house...well maybe I was, a little. Did you ever see the movie, Monster House... Eggener, Keith (October 29, 2013). "When Buildings Kill". Places Journal (2013). doi: 10.22269/131029 . Retrieved October 16, 2018.

House: A totally heartbreaking and powerful story The Irish House: A totally heartbreaking and powerful story

The only thing is that I do wish it had a bit more of a developed ending. While the storyline is completely resolved in a satisfactory manner by the end (this is a standalone), I still felt it was a little rushed and might have preferred a little more time spent with the characters at the end. But that's my only complaint. Other than that, I'd consider this a fabulous Autumn read... especially as we draw closer to Halloween. This one just went in a different direction than I was expecting, and I think that because my expectations weren’t met, I was a bit thrown. It is difficult, as an avid reader of this genre, to be surprised and it is truly because of my personal expectations that this one didn’t head where I thought it would go. I encourage readers to try this one for themselves! But they're not the only ones with secrets... I really don't want to spoil exactly what it "is" so I'll just quote the blurb for this next part... This is the first book I have read by Simon Lelic and I'd happily read his work again, the new slant to the unique way he has written this book was quite daring but it worked and I would recommend this book as a really good physiological thriller. The device used to tell the story makes the writing style very unique. I really enjoyed it. I think Lelic done a marvellous job painting a very real couple, going through extraordinary events, Here are some of my favourite lines from the book.The aftermath of these consequences are explored and whilst Simon Lelic handles each troubling subject matter with a grace and sensitivity, this could prove triggering for some readers. The moralistic ramifications are left for the reader to explore and it was interesting to see where my own feelings about the events that took place lay, and how my priorities had shifted over the course of my reading this. There are various strands to the story and at first I couldn’t understand how they connected to the house. There are some disturbing themes here too, no spoilers but what kept my interest was how these threads would come together and what the impact would be on our two main characters. There also were some things that I wasn't comfortable with like drug use and mental abuse, but I continued to read because I had to find out what the story was with the house.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment