276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Pepperpot Diaries: Stories From My Caribbean Table

£13.5£27.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Milner said: “I’ve longed to publish the one and only Andi Oliver for so many years. Her love of food is infectious and leaps out at you through her writing – this is truly a dream come true for me. I’m so grateful to Andi, Jess and their whole team for trusting me with this, her first ever cookbook, and I’m determined to make sure that it finds a place in every enthusiastic cook’s home. The Pepperpot Diaries will be a giant of a cookbook.” To make the Green Seasoning, add all the ingredients into to a food processor and season to taste with salt and pepper. Whizz to the consistency of a salsa verde and keep in an airtight jar in the fridge for up to 2–3 weeks. Put all the biscuits in a sealable food bag and bash them up to fine crumbs using a rolling pin or similar. Tip the crumbs into a bowl and mix with the toasted coconut, melted butter, and salt. Press into the bottom and sides of the tart tin and chill in the fridge for 1 hour or until set.

Form the dough into a ball with your hands, wrap it in clingfilm and chill in the fridge for 2 hours. Preheat the oven to 170C/gas mark 5.Using a 12cm cookie cutter or a bowl of the same size, cut out 10 circles of pastry. Carefully line each of the fluted tart tins with a piece of pastry, making sure it fits snugly into the corners. Pop a piece of baking parchment over each piece of pastry and fill each case with baking beans. Blind bake the tart cases in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. Oliver shares her favourite recipes, guaranteed to bring the delicious flavours of Caribbean food to your table, plus plenty of tales from her colourful career in food, music and TV.

To make the Tamarind Chutney, put all the ingredients into a small saucepan with 80ml (scant ⅓ cup) of water. Set over a medium–low heat and warm through, stirring now and again, until everything is melted and combined. Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Add the curry paste and salt and sauté gently for about 5 minutes, giving it a light stir occasionally. Join the award-winning chef and broadcaster for a celebratory night out filled with storytelling, music and incredible flavours, as she introduces her long-awaited first cookbook The Pepperpot Diaries: Stories From My Caribbean Table. Add the vinegar, sugar, cumin seeds, peppercorns, bay leaf, and 3 1/2 tablespoons of water to a medium saucepan. Warm through over a low heat until the sugar has dissolved, stirring occasionally. Set aside to cool.

For access to the Queen Elizabeth Hall auditorium seating rows A to C and wheelchair spaces in the Front Stalls, please enter via the Artists' Entrance in the Queen Elizabeth Hall Slip Road (Level 1). The first sweet things I ever made were cheesecakes. This iteration brings together the creaminess of white chocolate with toasty coconut and vibrant lime to sublime effect. Not too sweet, just right. The Pepperpot Diaries is Andi Oliver’s long-awaited first cookbook. Showcasing both traditional and new recipes, cherished ingredients and vibrant flavors from across the Caribbean, let Andi Oliver take you on an exploration of identity and heritage as she shows you how to create simple yet sensational dishes that will bring the unbeatable flavors of Caribbean cooking to your table.

I so love the unique sour nature of tamarind. It’s almost like a connector between sweet, salty, and savoury – somehow it seems to sing to all of those sensations. A spoonful of tamarind chutney will bring any dish to life. Put all the ingredients into a small saucepan with 80ml of water. Set over a medium-low heat and warm through, stirring now and again, until everything is melted and combined.Getting old is not for sissies,’ she sighs, ‘but what’s the alternative? It’s not a good one. I’m always amazed to have survived another year…’ And then she starts to laugh because, right now, in the run-up to her 60th birthday (‘my jubilee as I like to think of it’), she is having the time of her life.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment