276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Play-Doh Bulk 12-Pack of Red Non-Toxic Modelling Compound, 4-Ounce Cans

£5.99£11.98Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Tip #3: Gel food coloring produces much brighter playdough than water-based food coloring. A few drops of gel food coloring will create neon colored salt dough; a little goes a long way! My mum used to make playdough for us as kids this same way however there was one difference. She always made the dough without any colour first. She would take it off the stove when it was ‘cooked’ and let it cool a little. Then she separated it into smaller batches, poked her finger in and dropped the food colouring in then. It was then our job to knead the dough so the colour spreads evenly. It was really fun but also made us a part of the cooking process too. Just thought I’d add this.

Play-Doh? What are the ingredients in Play-Doh?

I used to make this for my daughters many years ago and had lost the recipe. I have been looking for it for a while now and I think this one is it! Thanks so much for posting it. I have four grandchildren now and would love to have it on hand for them. My kids love playing with playdough and making colorful creations. Some of the benefits of playing with playdough include:

Trending Now

Perfect recipe, thank you so much for sharing! My 13 year old special needs son is actually enjoying finally being able to play with Play-Doh. The store-bought play dough is always too hard and he gets frustrated. I remember when my mom made homemade play dough for me and my sisters. I’m glad to pass this along to him. Play-Dohis primarily a mixture of water, salt and flour. It does NOT contain peanuts, peanut oil or any milk byproducts. Play-Doh does not contain latex. Play-Doh is non-toxic. However, children or adults who are allergic to wheat gluten or specific food dyesmay have an allergic reaction to this product.

BBC Good Food Playdough recipe | BBC Good Food

Demi, some others have commented that they’ve used vinegar successfully. I have not, so I can’t attest to how well it works. But you could read through some of their ideas and try that. To mark Play-Doh's fiftieth anniversary, Demeter Fragrance Library created a limited-edition fragrance inspired by Play-Doh's distinctive odor for "highly-creative people, who seek a whimsical scent reminiscent of their childhood." [2]

Answers others found helpful

Fleming, Mike Jr. (April 2, 2015). "Fox Molding 'Play-Doh' Film With Paul Feig Circling; Another Hasbro Toy Brand Making Movie Transfer". Deadline. Archived from the original on January 9, 2020 . Retrieved April 17, 2020. Keep stirring until it starts getting a little solid. If there are still a few lumps, that’s ok – you can work them out later. As long as you mix it up well before you give it to them, there is no staining. That’s even if you use Gel Paste Food Color which results in bright, vivid colors. I first found this recipe at least 7 years ago and made it as a gift for my niece – so easy and budget friendly. Then I’ve made it off and on over the years but haven’t made it in at least a year maybe two and I forgot how EASY it was. Literally all ingredients you would have in the cabinet (well maybe not cream of tartar but I did this time 😂) Just whipped up a double batch for my 2 & 4 year old and now they are playing quietly so I can get stuff done. So THANK YOU!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment