276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Hero (a Marry the Scot novel)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Ella's ready to move on to university and claim as much freedom as possible, but the only way she can get out from under her abusive uncle's guardianship before she's thirty is if she gets married. Who I held my breath. Gordain couldn’t just walk in here and grab me. Richard wouldn’t allow it. Then a memory hit me, and my heart gave an almighty thump.

I really enjoyed this third installment in Jolie Vines’ Marry the Scot series. The hero of this book is Gordain, younger brother of Callum, the male lead in book one. He’s also the tattooed helicopter pilot best friend to James from book two... That is the installment that laid the groundwork for this romance. It is where Gordain met James’ younger sister, Ella, and helped her escape from the clutches of her evil uncle Richard. I stopped as Gordain’s hand found mine. Reaching the short distance between our seats, he gave my fingers a squeeze, and it should have felt reassuring, it had certainly been intended as friendly, yet heat painted my cheeks. As they navigate their feelings for each other and learning to trust each other they also have to deal with the evil uncle threatening their newly found love.Mr Fitzroy.” My probation officer bustled into the reception. “I’ve prepared your papers. You need to sign—” At eighteen, there's no way this lass is right for me. She's my best friend's sister and five years younger than me. But she's gorgeous. Confident. A musician who plays a violin like it's a part of her. Come the Fall features one hot alpha male and one strong heroine, and is a novella in the Marry the Scot world. Autumn features in Hero but this novella is entirely standalone. Both Ella and Gordain have baggage and issues with neither really believing that they are worthy of love. However as the book develops, it is obvious that these two really are meant to be. The secondary characters were entertaining and as soon as time permits I will be looking at the other books in this series. His worries, and the problems with his family, stifled his life. He’d never wanted to go to university like me, but he did have ambitions. Ones that had been left on a shelf.

As soon as we met Ella in the second book, I knew hers would be an interesting tale, and boy was I right. There could only be one McRae brother that could match her energy and wit, and that was tattooed, brooding Gordain! The twists and turns they go through before their well earned HEA kept me riveted. The snowboarding party moved on, and I passed the cups to Leo before reaching for my bag and board. I shrugged, glancing away before it got awkward. “Sorry. No clue. And I still don’t think those girls are looking at you, no matter how big a star you are. I’m probably more famous.” James is waiting for you with his lady. And ye have us now.” Gordain answered my sad little thoughts. “You’re not alone.”

Publication Order of Dark Island Scots Books

She was familiar. Maybe from her Scottish tones, though we were in Glasgow, so that was hardly unusual.

Her features, pale and tear-streaked, were ones that had been etched into my mind. Agonised over to the point where I wasn’t sure if I’d imagined her in that dark, rainy car park. But the past will always catch up with you, no matter how far you run or who you fall in love with on the way.Sign up to her newsletter to be the first to hear about new releases, giveaways, and promotions. https://www.jolievines.com/newsletter On cue, one of the girls stood. The musician raised his eyebrows at me, and I waited, amusement curling in my belly. Weirdly, I kind of liked Leo gazing at JJ in that way. Like a dominant stag about to take down a competitor. Most people fawned over him. Got it. Though I could also go by the fact this one is a giant.” She thumbed at me. “I’ve only seen him sitting down or behind the bar. I thought he was standing on something.”

Goodreads Librarians are volunteers who help ensure the accuracy of information about books and authors in the Goodreads' catalog. The Goodreads Libra Goodreads Librarians are volunteers who help ensure the accuracy of information about books and authors in the Goodreads' catalog. The Goodreads Librarians Group is the official group for requesting additions or updates to the catalog, including: I rolled up his t-shirt sleeve, trying to concentrate while Gordain continued his distraction technique. At the awed giggles from the booth behind me, I peeked around, then hid a smile. In winter kit, like everyone in the ski centre’s bar, the two girls eyeing me were probably snowboarders, too. They elbowed each other as if trying to get up the courage to come say hi. Nope. He’s a man mountain but he has his uses. No one will mess with ye if he’s lumbering around in your corner.”There’s a few strands from the previous books, as it builds upon the overall world, creating plenty of arcs for long-term readers. Featuring the McRae Clan as well, there’s plenty of recurring characters and cameos from a number of familiar faces. That being said, while it does cater to fans, it’s also accessible to newcomers, with its central story being stand-alone and self-contained. He made a sound of disagreement. “Kiss me again. I won’t remember my own name, let alone that wee dent.” A smash broke the silence. Then another. But it wasn’t my uncle; it came from a distance, like a window had been broken at the front of the house. At seventeen, there's no way this lass is right for me. She's my best friend's sister and five years younger than me. But she's gorgeous. Confident. A musician who plays a violin like it's a part of her. From an early age Jolie Vines would always be lost in her own imagination, so it made sense for her to invest herself in her writing. This would prove to be huge successful as time went on, as she’d show a gift for it, becoming a hugely entertaining writer herself. With a passion for strong heroes, she would develop her craft and style as an author, becoming a strong voice in the romance community.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment