276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Canton DM 75 Soundbar - Virtual Surround System 2.1 - Black Glass

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Started with monitor audio vector 5.1, the upgraded to q7000 5.1 both with denon avr x2000 the sold them and got Marrantz pm6005 with tannoy v4i to 2.0 thought this will give me better sound quality over cheaper 5.1 but I was missing the speech I had with my 5.1 I had before.

Enjoy high-quality Bose audio throughout your room without the need for a home theatre kit thanks to the Bose Solo 5 Sound Bar. Impressive audio The Solo 5 TV Sound System is all you need to experience high-quality audio from your films, TV and music. Simply place it in front of your TV and connect it using either the supplied optical or coaxial cable to get started. Bose’s digital signal processing constantly optimises the sound to deliver the most immersive audio possible. It also normalises the volume between scene, so you aren’t distracted by a sudden increase in volume when the on-screen action intensifies. Universal remote A fully programmable universal remote is included, so you can control the sound bar along with your TV, DVD player, satellite box and more with ease. Make the most of your multimedia with the Bose Solo 5 Sound Bar. Constructed with top-quality materials, the soundbar ensures durability and reliability over time. Its sleek and compact design allows for easy placement and integration into any home entertainment setup. It streams via WiFi which means there is no downsampling. So it plays exactly what it’s sent, from compressed MP3 files, to uncompressed audio files like FLAC or Apple Lossless. I spent around 900 quid in total with rears, the Samsung n950 was 300 quid more and the Sony ht st5000 was 200 more but has no rears. I suppose if you wanted to spend less your best bet for an Atmos bar would have been the Sony zf9 but that doesn’t have upfiring speakers for Atmos, it’s virtual.The issues I've described above I've never had on any bars before and have never seen before until I plugged this bar in...

The Canton DM75 promises powerful sound thanks to four 10cm downward firing bass drivers compared to the two of the DM50. The metal meshed front grill hides two 5cm midrange drivers and two 25mm tweeters. Like the DM50 and DM75 before it, the DM100 is an outstanding performer. At first you might struggle to get your head round the sheer scale of the DM100’s sound, which doesn’t seem possible from such a slender unit.The 6 driver DM55 is the smallest of a range of soundbases from Canton, an established and well respected German brand. The 55 stands for 55cm (width). They also do a DM75 (8 drivers ) and DM100 (10 drivers) at 75cm and 100cm wide respectively with higher specs. If you already have Sonos, or are considering it, and budget allows, I would go for the Playbar. But it’s rarely as simple as that! But the DM100 isn’t all about that bass. First-class mid-range and treble reproduction lends impressive clarity and vigour, heightening the excitement when the action hots up. The snap of gunfire is fierce but never coarse, plus every scene is teeming with incisive top-end detail. You can place TVs weighing up to 40kg on top, provided the stand fits well within the 545mm by 300mm surface area. If you have a TV over 50in, I’d recommend stepping up to the DM75 or DM100.

Alike a full-sized home cinema speaker, the Canton DM75 Soundbase has a three-way base reflex layout. It comes with nine chunky buttons, two drivers, four woofers, two fabric tweeters, and Bluetooth 4.0 with apt-X. Its DTS TruSurround, on-board Dolby Digital decoding and DTS processing technology are great for TVs and soundbars like this. This great one-box setup creates an ultimate room filling sound space without any rear speakers and is easy to setup. A helpful automatic on/off function fires up the unit when it detects a signal on the optical or coaxial inputs and shuts down after 30 seconds if there’s no signal. Simply turn off your TV before going to bed and the soundbase will automatically follow suit. A key feature for music lovers is Bluetooth 4.0 with apt-X, which allows CD-quality streaming from mobile devices. You’ll also find on-board Dolby Digital decoding and DTS TruSurround, DTS’s processing technology for soundbars and TVs.As with streamed music, the bass can be a bit unruly at times – when Sly Stallone remotely blows up his own helicopter I hoped for a smooth LF tidal wave washing over me, but got something less distinct – and even the dedicated Voice mode doesn’t reach down far enough to give any extra clarity to Sly’s ultra-low oscillations. The devices work fine when plugged straight into the tv but there's lipsync issues via arc which you can't adjust sufficiently so it's in sync.

I mostly use the iOS app to change settings but for some reason you can’t change the centre channel this can only be changed using the SK10Y remote. If you have th Android app it does have the centre channel setting. At a metre wide, you’re getting a lot of soundbase for your money, but at 69mm it’s surprisingly slim for such a large soundbase. You don’t have to place it under your TV – it’s just as happy nestling on a shelf below if your set is wall-mounted. It’s the perfect size for my 55in TV, but it will happily support bigger – provided the weight doesn’t exceed 40kg. For me this is the best downgrade I've made and I don't miss my surround sound that much. Specially when I will be buying one the bk subs. Personally I would say voices are a bit low when watching any lossy Dolby digital 5.1 than say watching anything with Atmos which is well balanced and sounds clear, and is clearly the strongest part when using this soundbar, also stereo has good balance. Another option not officially supported by Sonos, is to connect all your devices via their optical output to an optical switch. This can be advantageous since some TVs don’t pass through exactly what they are sent. For example they may downsample 5.1 Dolby Digital to stereo. If you only have a Sky box connected to your TV, I’d connect directly from the Sky box to the Playbar to ensure any 5.1 content is played correctly.

Canton Digital Movie DM 75 - Pros & Cons

It’s also really worthwhile spending the time to look at the key differences between the two products. For that you can use our comparison table about which looks at the main features of both products to give you a clear idea of where one product perhaps benefits over another. When comparing the two it’s a really good idea to have an idea in your mind of the key features that you need from your Home cinema systems and sound bars as this will help you to narrow down the products that do or don’t meet your criteria. Elsewhere on the spec sheet is apt-X Bluetooth and a new Bluetooth select function that automatically switches to Bluetooth when it detects an audio signal. It’s more useful than it sounds. But when I demoed with the sub connected at richer sounds the quality for music improved, so I can imagine if I connect bk xls400 with this I will have the best of both worlds.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment