276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Millions

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

All I can tell from Frank Cottrell Boyce based on his jacket info is that he looks like Alan Cumming's brother and he has 7 kids. The book is about how money doesn’t measure happiness, wealth or a good life, wealth is measured by your relationships with friends and family and the bonds you make throughout life. The end showed how throughout the whole novel the boys’ went through so much for their money and that showed a lot about how greed can control you. Sometimes the boy sounds like something of a savant, but all the same the book is extremely funny and a heart warming tale, well told. Bronnie is so lovely with the boys and we also felt that having a man enthusing about the books set a great example.

Of the added stress that the money ends up bringing into his and his brother’s lives, Damian says, “[The bag of cash] was heavy and we were nervous that something would happen to it. You can change your choices at any time by visiting Cookie preferences, as described in the Cookie notice. Most of the novel was upbeat and cheerful because the boys were doing a lot of good deeds with all of their money and there weren’t that many major problems throughout the majority of the book. Damian’s coping mechanism for his mother’s death is to read everything he can about the lives of various saints. But what would you do if a massive bag of cash dropped from the sky and you had only a few days to spend it before it became worthless?

When a huge bag stuffed with more than 200,000 quid comes flying out of the sky and into Damian’s cardboard “hermitage” (i.

Another book which makes me wish goodreads allowed me to use 1/2 stars because this book is worthy of more than three but less than four. It was shortlisted for the Guardian Children's Fiction Prize 2008 and the inaugural Roald Dahl Funny Prize.It's mostly funny though sometimes sad, watching Damian struggle to be a good person while providing a nifty commentary about money, inflation, economy and investment (completely implausible, but still great! Damian, on the other hand, feels the “weight” of the money on his shoulders, and constantly looks for needy people and good causes whom he can help out. At the end, Anthony says, “And so they failed to make proper use of their once in a life time investment opportunity and they all regretted it ever after. I loved the poignant humour in it, and I thought that there was an unexpected amount of philosophical depth.

You guys were so fab and Dawn was such a lovely presence in the schools - I will absolutely be in touch next time I'm in your neck of the woods.The end also helped me as a reader to see that money isn’t all it’s cracked up to be and that the relationships you make throughout life are much more important. This is a wonderful read for all ages, and thought not super Christmassy, I am still adding it to my December repertoire. However, I personally found the sequencing of the invents a little confusing, with more and more problems rising in the plot where least expected.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment