276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Little Imperfections: A Tall Tale of Growing Up Different

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Exactly, a lot of this is about self-worth. So what would you say to someone who is still discovering their self-worth and now going on that journey?

She grew inside me, developed a heart right underneath mine and sometimes I know what she's feeling before she does. One of the themes of your book and platform is taking your weaknesses and reforming them as positives. How do you guys take your weaknesses and reframe them as positives, and what impact has that had on your life? This year seems like it will be crazier than ever for Josie. Not only is Etta graduating—and her future plans differ vastly from what Josie wants for her—but her best friend is determined to help Josie break out of her sexual slump.

Customer reviews

Peet: So the bond, especially with my mom, it feels very like "we get it." It feels very natural. Like, growing up, we always had a special kind of bond, and you know I wish I had another word for "mama's boy," but I don't. I just really am a mama's boy. I'm just a lot like her, and so because of that we're able to be on the same wavelength for things. That's why the videos come so easy, and it's always fun when we're together.

Josie’s mother abandoned her to live with her Aunt Viv when she was little to chase her career oriented life. Now Josie wants to be good caring mother but her daughter’s dream to be a dancer and plans to apply to Juillard Conservatory disappoints her. And the worst part is Aunt Viv supports her daughter’s plans.It is sweet, fun, soft, entertaining with easily relatable characters, interesting, moving storyline, three generation’s communication problems. At its heart, this book is a story about the Bordelon family, which is comprised of three women from three different generations: Aunt Viv, the matriarch, who has been the Head Cook for over 50 years at Fairchild and who took in a four-year-old Josie when her mother abandoned her, raising her as her own; Josie, Aunt Viv's niece and Etta's mother, who works as the Dean of Admissions at Fairchild, the elite private school that she once attended herself; and Etta, Josie's 17-year-old daughter, who is a senior at Fairchild, one of the best dancers of her age, and currently going through the college admissions process (which causes great stress to her mother). Through Josie's eyes, we see the year unfold and all the drama--both in the family and in the Fairchild admissions process--that that entails. Peet: My mom was a part of the writing and filming process from beginning to end. We had four long filming days and she was up the earliest and working the longest. I just am so proud of her honestly. You guys have a beautiful bond. What inspired you guys to come together and write this book? And what do you hope people take away from this book? I am tired of seeing gay men in books just to be that girly, femme side character that complains about excersize and lusts over every man within a six-foot radius. We. Are. Tired.

Climax was great. I was curious to know what will happen after whole drama with Nan and how Etta’s interview will go. I couldn’t place Aunt Viv’s weird behaviour and when the reason was revealed it was surprising. I liked their conversations afterwards and what Aunt Viv had to say about whole thing and it answered everything. I loved end and the way things turned out for Bordelon women at the end. A bit predictable but I’m not cutting star for that as I enjoyed it. Mind you, I myself live in a city near San Francisco. Not only does this one line fetishize the hell out of gay men, but it also is enforcing yet another stereotype that the Bay Area is full of gays. Do you understand how harmful that is? The Bay Area is a wonderfully diverse place, I agree, but pegging it as this hub for gays is just so harmful and accomplishes nothing. Written mostly in a millennial banter (think Facebook posts and texts by people of a certain age), this story of a kindergarten admissions director during applications season is fun. Although I got a little tired of the cute persona voice, there were times when real emotions came out and I found myself relieved and tuning in. Peet: It truly is way more work than we thought. There's so much more logistical things you have to think about and all these different components. Even with the illustration — the illustrator would make the images and then I'd be like, "Oh, it doesn't feel right. I'm a perfectionist and my creative bone isn't tingling right now. Why is that?" And so I have to dissect it.Pardon? This is a gay, MALE/MALE relationship. There IS no mom in the relationship, that is the point. This line insinuates that there needs to be a female figure in a gay relationship which is not only low key homophobic, but also in a way sexist. And the fact that the one gay character said this? Nope, just nope. Josie is now an admissions office at a private school. She skipped college to go into modeling, thinking she would make more money that way, but it was not to be and, as she aged, she could no longer compete with the young ones.

Peet: Well, see to me growing up in a little family is just like normal, I guess. So, I feel like it would just be weird to think of anything else, you know having parents or family that is taller than me. With that being said, growing up that way, it was definitely an experience. You know, I was definitely able to do things like hide things on the top shelves. So as a kid, it definitely had its perks, but you know, as I was growing up, I started to realize all the different things that could be problematic having dwarfism, the health issues, and things like that. So I feel that it's really been a wild ride just kind of understanding it, and I still am obviously. I am obviously not a little person, but I feel like I really empathize and connect with them. Where do I begin? I suppose I'd like to start out with what I believed were this book's strongest points. The discussion on privilege and class were fascinating, and I thought that they were done with a very humorous but conscious hand. There were a few lines I laughed at and that were genuinely funny, and there were a few characters such as Aunt Viv that I grew to love.We caught up with Peet to learn more about his YouTube journey and what it was like becoming an author. Overall, Tiny Imperfections was laugh out loud, feel good, and diverse women’s fiction with great characters and many hilarious scenes. I recommend this to fan of this genre. One more question, and it' s kind of fun. Peet, you've had experiences with the infamous Cecil hotel, and I was wondering if you both have had any creepy supernatural encounters. Do you guys believe in ghosts or spirits? What' s your take on that, especially with Halloween right around the corner?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment