276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Battle Scars: A Story of War and All That Follows

£9.96£19.92Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The most important book you’ll ever read… Battle Scars will save lives.' TOM MARCUS, author of SOLDIER SPY Middleton, Anthony; Fox, Jason; Ollerton, Matthew; Maclachlan, Colin (15 February 2016). Leadership Secrets from the Special Forces: SAS: Who Dares Wins. Headline. ISBN 9781472240729– via Google Books. Fox, with his buddy of many years and co-star of SAS: Who Dares Wins Ollie Ollerton, co-founded Break Point – a corporate team building, training and events company. In 2019 Fox and Ollerton went on to launch a fitness and wellbeing app Battle Ready 360 – which focuses on personalised plans for individuals looking to balance mind, body and nutrition.

SAS Star Jason Fox Would Have 'Probably' Killed Himself If He Hadn't Received Help With Mental Health". LADbible. We’re pulling them out of their comfortzone, so to speak. They’re in avery physically, mentally and emotionally challenging environment," says Adeleke. Pete Dadds Remi Adeleke, US Navy SEAL Hardman Jason Fox has thrilled TV viewers with his daredevil antics, but the SAS hero has a ­confession to make… he is not as tough as he appears on our screens. Jason Fox has a story or two to tell. He is a man who has experienced a lot in life – composing through extreme jobs in his British Army roles as well as a simple guy from England living his own life – Jason has a lot to say. Through an easy-to-follow book, in Jason’s own narrative directed at the reader as well as re-capping very touching, & at times, tense anecdotes of his own life, Jason portrays how to build inner strength & thrive under pressure!

The pair take part in the bungee jump for Channel 4’s new star-studded ­adventure series, Foxy’s Fearless 48 Hours with… on Sunday. Battle Scars tells the story of Jason Fox’s career as an elite operator, from the gunfights, hostage rescues, daring escapes and heroic endeavours that defined his service, to a very different kind of battle that awaited him at home. Fox, with his co-star of SAS: Who Dares Wins, Ollie Ollerton, co-founded a corporate team building, training and events company. In 2019, Fox and Ollerton went on to launch the fitness and wellbeing app Battle Ready 360 – which focuses on personalised plans for individuals looking to balance mind, body and nutrition. The explosive life story of Special Forces operative Jason Fox, star of Channel 4's 'SAS: Who Dares Wins' and 'Meet the Drug Lords'. Unflinchingly honest, Battle Scars is a breathtaking account of Special Forces soldiering: a chronicle of operational bravery, and of superhuman courage on and off the battlefield. His second book Life Under Fire: How to Build Inner Strength and Thrive Under Pressure [9] is due to be released October 15 2020.

Earlier this year Channel 4 announced one of the main stars, Ant Middleton, had been axed and speculation has been rife Foxy will take over the mantle. He was cagey when asked if he was, saying: “I think it’ll be completely different. On Sunday, viewers watched former footballer Kieron Dyer punch Foxy as part of a challenge to test his resolve. Married twice and a dad to two ­daughters, Foxy is now in a ­relationship with Jules Hawkins, who works in TV.

Navigation menu

Fox is one of the original presenters and directing staff on SAS: Who Dares Wins, a reality television programme where contestants experience a gruelling training course loosely based on a condensed version of the special forces selection process. Fox stars alongside former special forces soldiers Ant Middleton, Matthew ‘Ollie’ Ollerton, Mark ‘Billy’ Billington, and Jay Morton. The programme first broadcast in 2015 is produced by Channel 4, and aired its fifth season in February 2020. In 2019 the first season of Celebrity SAS: Who Dares Wins aired which also stars Fox. He admits: “That’s another thing that will take me out my comfort zone. It’ll be so different with me droning on about my life.” When Fox talks about his stories about life in the warzones, you do not feel disconnected from the overall principle of this book & it’s messages of how we can all change! Instead, the addition of personal stories - that are then represented in other life situations we may be more familiar with - you are taken more deeply into this book. Jason Fox delivers expertly a contrast of his own gripping stories & making them relatable to us readers unfamiliar with the thrill-seeking & dangerous scenarios this man has been in. Jason first ventured into the world of TV in 2015 when the debut series of SAS: Who Dares Wins aired on Channel 4, but despite finding fame overnight, he tends to keep out of the spotlight.

Jason Fox served with the SBS for over a decade, thriving on the close bonds of the Special Forces brotherhood and the ‘death or glory’ nature of their missions. Midgley, Carol. "The Final Mission: Foxy's War review — Foxy puts his demons to rest"– via www.thetimes.co.uk. However, Fox explains very comfortably that you are not destined to be a set way. We can all work on different aspects of out life to make sure we get the best out of us in whatever we do in life. Outside of his military career, some of Foxy’s bigger adventures include rowing across the Atlantic ocean from Lagos, Portugal to Macuro, Venezuela in 2016 with four of his mates Aldo Kane, Matthew Bennett, Ross Johnson and Oliver Bailey. Known as Team Essence, their expedition [13] took the crew 50 days over 3,308 nautical miles, and landed them the records for becoming the first team to row unsupported, crossing the Atlantic Ocean from east to west - from mainland Europe to South America, non-stop from mainland to mainland. Across the journey Team Essence also raised money for the NSPCC.There were reports suggesting Kieron had “battered him”, but he stresses that did not happen. He adds: “I got into a big red suit and was a lump for ­celebrities to have a go at. I judged whether the celebrities had enough aggression or not. He put in a good effort.” When asked how she feels about his fame, he replies: “She takes it all in her stride. When she watched this Channel 4 documentary with me, she was like, ‘Wow, I am watching a programme of you being you.’” Adeleke was born into riches in Nigeria, but following the death of his father and the unjust seizing of his family’s wealth by the Nigerian Government, Remi and his family relocated to Bronx, New York in 1987. After years of making “regrettable decisions”, he joined the Navy in 2002 and later joined the Navy SEALs. Although, Adeleke nearly didn’t make it to the military. “I had two warrants out for my arrest – but the recruiter who was also from the Bronx, took a chance on me”, he explains. It took him two attempts to pass his SEAL training, almost dying during his first Hell Week. He wrote a best-selling book, Battle Scars, about his time serving in the military services and the effect it had on his mental health.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment