276°
Posted 20 hours ago

10 Pcs Plastic Planter Liners Clear Rectangular Plastic Liners for Flower Box Planter Window Box Planter 16.2" L x 3" W x 3.5" H for Indoor Outdoor Flower Arrangement Succulent Garden Windowsill Decor

£8.635£17.27Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

That was 4 years ago and it’s still going strong. Environmentalists report plastic can take up to 450 years to break down, so your wooden liner will go the distance. If you put the potting soil in a wooden planter and keep watering it, the moisture will decay the wood. You may need to replace the planter box every year if that happens. I would suggest using a plastic bag or sheet as a liner if your planter box is made from wood or metal. Cut drainage holes in the bottom of the liner. The holes should be dispersed evenly along the bottom of the liner, and they should be big enough just to let water drain out but not so big that you are losing chunks of soil every time you move the pot. That will defeat the purpose of your liner! The drainage holes are absolutely crucial for healthy plants. If the roots are constantly soaked, they cannot get the air they need. Plants often die from sitting in stagnant pools of water and developing rot. [2] X Research source Whether you’re using plastic, fabric, of filters, you must cut or poke holes into the bottom. Spray all the inner parts of the planter box to sterilize it. The mix will remove any unwanted pests and diseases from the planter. Let the mix stay on the planter box for at least an hour.

Planter Box (5 Easy Steps) - DIY Garden How To Line A Wooden Planter Box (5 Easy Steps) - DIY Garden

You should apply a coat of waterproofing liquid on the insides of the planter box. Let it dry for a day and you can apply a second coat. Here I’ve drilled regularly spaced holes of a decent size. This should be enough to let water escape. Pour the potting soil inside the planter until just 1-2 inches remain from the top. Now you can remove the clips as the potting soil will hold the plastic liner inside the planter box. You need to line your planter box to prevent it from rotting if it’s made of wood. You need to line your planter box to prevent it from rusting if it’s made from metal. You don’t need to line your planter box if it’s made from plastic, ceramic, concrete, stone or terracotta.

Required Cookies & Technologies

The containers are intended to have a perennial planting of herbs and other bee attractors, maybe the occasional cabbage! but not for general cropping. I’ve written details below that will help you understand more about using a liner for your planter box. You’ll find information about the different types of materials and what I recommend. I’ll also show you how to use the liner in your planter box. Wood is a natural material that rots, breaking down into fibres and eventually into compost that replenishes our soil.

Need To Line My Planter Box? - Gardening Mentor Do I Need To Line My Planter Box? - Gardening Mentor

Adding a planter liner to the planter box will help increase it’s life and keep it functional for a longer time. Are your Planters not draining? Follow these instructions on Planter Liners, planting and drainage, and stop drowning your plants.

🍪 Privacy & Transparency

Plastic milk gallons, bottles, and similar items can be great pot liners. You can cut off the spout, wash out the inside, and nestle the body of the jug or bottle into a similarly sized pot. Pro tip: If you’ll grow vegetables in the planter box, make sure to use organic, plant-safe paint or sealer. You don’t want chemicals reaching your edible plants. GeoMet is a stunning collection of geometrically-shaped modular furniture pieces ideal for urban environments, recreational spaces and large-scale commercial interiors. Using a plastic pot inside the planter box will help you plant new seedlings with ease. It also makes it easier to replace the planter liner by just moving the pots out of the planter box.

Plastic or membrane to line a big wooden container? - The Plastic or membrane to line a big wooden container? - The

Our custom made planter insert creates a container that sits within your existing planter, ideal for raised beds, large garden landscape displays.

It is important to buy soils that are specifically for potting. Things like garden soil and mulch were not created for planting in containers. Plastic liners will offer your planters an improved lifespan. Without the constant moisture, it will take longer for rot to set in and destroy your planters. Healthy plants

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment