276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Montane Men's Prism high-top

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Learn more here about the organisations Montane is working with to protect our playground, and to help us to make considered, responsible choices. Packed into their own stuff sack they will go unnoticed in your pack, put them on and their remarkable warmth to weight ratio makes them ideal for any fast and light activity. The overall percentage of lower impact materials is to help you to make more informed choices and to draw comparisons between products . INSULATED BOOTIES ARE NOT SOME SILLY LUXURY, THEY ARE AN IMPORTANT PART OF COLD CLIMBING AS A COMPONENT OF YOUR SLEEPING SYSTEM AND YOUR FOOT DISCIPLINE, AND ONLY MONTANE SEEM TO HAVE REALLY WORKED THIS OUT. Also, despite the temperatures being warmer than I would have preferred for the test, the booties did keep my feet warm and dry when walking around outside the tent during our low temperatures in the 20-30°F range.

The Hypalon panel on the sole of the sock ensures that the Prism Bootie stands up to some pretty rough treatment around the hut.By way of contrast, the “lost label” booties have a heavy cordura cloth sole (making them more of an in-tent bootie), the 180S has a bolder texture semi-sticky rubber sole (which allows a midnight stroll in the snow), and the Montrail’s outer shell has a nobbly structure reminiscent of miniaturized Vibram lugs (which, along with the waterproof outer shell, allows some wandering around a snowy campsite).

However, the “gripping sole” requirement was triggered by an accident on one of the Everest expeditions that appeared on climbing news feeds — at Camp 2, one of the climbers stepped outside his tent in his smooth-soled booties and slipped on the snow. They are thin compared to puffy down botties so the insulation better be good :) The materials see durable enough. Obsessed by product and pioneering fit-for-purpose designs, we have worked with Pertex® since our beginnings in 1993 to create weatherproof garments that allow you to push your boundaries. The inner sole also features PrimaLoft® GOLD Insulation, but with added grip control to prevent the insulation slipping and help provide better stability. Since there was enough insulation to keep my feet somewhat cool (vs taking the booties off and finding the hot stone sent me scurrying for the shaded part of the stonework quickly — unusual for someone who occasionally walks on coals), I concluded that the booties would pass the snow-walk test.

The following photo shows that the bottom of the sole is dependent on the Hypalon “sticky rubber” composing the sole. They work directly with brands, factories, trade unions, NGOs and governments to establish a living wage and a working environment that’s free from gender-based violence, discrimination and harassment.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment