276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Corsair RM850x 80 PLUS Gold, 850 Watts, Fully Modular ATX Power Supply Unit - Black

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Electrolytic: 7x Nippon Chemi-Con (1-5,000h @ 105°C, KZE), 5x Nippon Chemi-Con (4-10,000h @ 105°C, KY), 2x Rubycon (4-10,000h @ @ 105°C, YXJ), 1x Rubycon (6-10,000h @ 105°C, ZLH) Corsair changes the grille design between generations, too, and we think it now looks better. Measuring 150mm wide, 86mm high and 160mm deep, there shouldn't be installation issues in any decent chassis. Build quality is good. Credit is provided by Novuna Personal Finance, a trading style of Mitsubishi HC Capital (UK) PLC, authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Financial Services Register no. 704348. The register can be accessed through http://www.fca.org.uk

your computer faster and consume less power with support for Modern Standby sleep mode. Zero RPM mode ensures virtually silent operation at low and medium loads. Fully modular PLUS Gold Certified: High efficiency operation for lower power consumption, less noise, and cooler temperatures. DC-DC Converters: 2x UBIQ QM3054M6 (30V, 61A @ 100°C, Rds(on): 4.8mOhm) & 3x UBIQ QN3107M6N (30V, 70A @ 100°C, Rds(on): 2.6mOhm) The Corsair RM850x is designed to provide reliable power to various computer components. Its specifications indicate that it can handle demanding power requirements for high-performance systems. The presence of a single fan with a 135 mm diameter suggests effective cooling, which is crucial for maintaining stable performance and preventing overheating.CableMod C-Series Pro ModFlex Sleeved 12VHPWR Cable Kit for Corsair RM Yellow Label / AXi / HXi (White, 16-pin to Quad 8-pin) 12VHPWR Cable Kit We find it curious that Corsair bundles three 8-pin CPU cables for this 850W model. Very few boards demand this level of power - AMD Ryzen Threadripper, mostly - so it's more of a keeping-the-bases covered kind of move than of current practical value. It actually makes more sense on the 1,000W model, which also has a trio of CPU plugs.

I expect Corsair to update the RMx line soon, offering, among others, 12VHPWR connectors and ATX 3.0 compatibility. If you are not in a hurry to buy a new PSU, you could wait, but if you need a new unit now, you should include the RM850x in your buy list. Other suitable alternative options are the EVGA 850 G7 and the Seasonic GX-850. The Thermaltake GF1 850W is also a good choice.I don't know the full changes off the top of my head and I'm about to head to bed, but I know they changed the enclosure and fan grill to update the design to match corsair's other recent products, swapped the rifle bearing fan for their maglev fan. Depending on the wattage some of the 2021 RMx have an extra EPS12V cable. CORSAIR RM850x Series power supplies with EPS12V connectors are built with the highest quality components to deliver 80 PLUS Gold efficient power to your PC. RM850x PSUs use only The RM850x achieves high performance with 115V and a top place among Gold 850W PSUs, with 230V. The last time I reviewed the RM850x for Tom’s Hardware, the 850 G7 hadn’t been released, and as you can see on the 115V performance graph, it has a slight lead. I should also point out that I haven’t used the new scoring algorithm for the above graphs because I don’t have data for all PSUs, especially some older ones. The new algorithm considers more factors so that the final scores can change. Epilogue

The ATX 3.0 standard demands a high level of reliability and power efficiency. While many CORSAIR PSUs meet these requirements, RMx SHIFT Series PSUs are formally certified for ATX 3.0compliance.The combined power for the +3.3V is 150 W, while the +12V has a combined power output of 850 W. The +5V also has a combined power of 150 W. The combined power for the -12V is 9.6 W, and the +5Vsb has a combined power of 15 W. Thanks for that very informative post. Do you know what has changed with the V2 revision of the newer RM850x? going with 3 single cables looks much neater though, but that would require buying separate cables, even if you went with the RMX1000. this one has 3 pigtail cables.. same cable clutter.

Zero RPM Fan Mode: At low and medium loads the cooling fan switches off entirely for near-silent operation. the manual here https://www.corsair.com/corsairmedia/sys_master/productcontent/WW_RMx_Series_2021_QSG_AA.pdfOVP (Over Voltage) | UVP (Under Voltage) | SCP (Short Circuit) | OTP (Over Temp) | OPP (Over Power)

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment