276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Influence

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

You can change your choices at any time by visiting Cookie preferences, as described in the Cookie notice. Finance is provided by PayPal Credit (a trading name of PayPal UK Ltd, Whittaker House, Whittaker Avenue, Richmond-Upon-Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom, TW9 1EH).

I find Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen interesting people, and enjoyed reading interviews with famous people in fashion, but I wouldn't recommend this as a book to read cover-to-cover. Lots of beautiful, high-quality photos of the Olsens as well as of famous people and LOTS of fashion items - drawings, exhibits, artwork, etc. I keep reading that people thought this book made them conceited flying to all these different places and talking to the big names of the fashion and art world. Diane von Furstenberg, Christian Louboutin, Karl Lagerfeld, Bob Colacello, Lauren Hutton, Peter Beard, Alexandre de Betak, and many more. Although I did enjoy reading about some of the artists and designers and their creative processes, this was way too self indulgent.I could do without the self-promoting question forms filled out by each twin, and I don't care much about the "things Mary Kate" loves collages, but the idea of an Olsen interviewing style icons and designers is actually pretty cool. I found it at Urban Outfitters in the "cool books" section with Nylon guides and such and bought it at the airport as a present to my girlfriend.

Sunday, ‎October ‎28, ‎2012] Two days ago I got the book and flipped through it and read about the influential people in the Olsen twins life. If we were to talk about a photographer's or artist's work, we might as well see it on the page while we're reading. I may have picked it up because of who the authors are but I kept reading it because it was amazing.I've been taking snapshots of countless pages as inspiration, this is pretty much what I want a book to look like, if there's ever one released under my name :D Take a mix of polaroid snapshots, gorgeous high quality photographs, stunningly arranged collages, with some surprisingly added in scans of letters or other memorabilia. They also frequently mention their disdain for the media, yet quote the media in their little biographies at the end of the book.

This book is definitely more of a coffee table book, or something to browse through different sections that interest you. I mean they are girls and they like fashion, aesthetics, the feel of material, the fetishism and eroticism of it. The subjects are people that influence the girls but they are all designers in someway except model/actress. They constantly name drop, and talk about their new high fashion lines(The Row and/or Elizabeth and James)to the people they interview.Seller has stated it will dispatch the item within 1 working day upon receipt of cleared payment - opens in a new window or tab .

Ich bin wirklich begeistert und es ist definitiv ein Must-Have für jeden Mary-Kate und Ashley Olsen fan!Most purchases from business sellers are protected by the Consumer Contract Regulations 2013 which give you the right to cancel the purchase within 14 days after the day you receive the item. I normally get all second hand books but this is the worse only on the cover but I will have to removed it and it is a shame because the cover is black inside so you loose the photographs.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment