276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Johnnie Walker Gold Label Limited Edition | Blended Scotch Whisky | 40% vol | 70cl | Award-Winning Scottish Whisky | Notes of Fruit | Vanilla | Spice & Smokiness (Packaging May Vary) | Ideal Festive Gift

£28.125£56.25Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

In addition, you might find semblances in offerings like Chivas Regal or Glenfiddich, which share the stage of renowned Scotch blends. But remember, each has its own story to tell. Flavor-wise, Green Label is a saga of sweet and smoky. You’ve got your vanilla creaminess, your vibrant fruits, and that smoky undercurrent that’s persistent but never overbearing. It’s harmony in a dram, the kind of balance that speaks of careful craft and curation. On the other hand, Gold Label, with its mellow sweetness, works beautifully with dishes that carry a certain richness but require a delicate touch. Think of creamy pastas or glazed poultry—here, Gold Label is a harmonious accompaniment. For Desserts The aroma, or the nose, was a different playing field altogether. Here, both whiskies leveled out for me. Gold Label offered a sweet, almost celebratory fragrance, but it didn’t quite reach the heights I anticipated.

At the finish, the tables turned dramatically. Green Label soared ahead with a finish that was both long and satisfyingly complex. It left a tale that lingered, full of character and a lasting warmth. Gold, while smooth, had a finish that felt, to me, a bit abrupt, almost like a story that ended before its climax. Với thị trường phân phối rượu Gold Label đa dạng như hiện nay, nhằm để thuận tiện hơn trong khi chọn mua, Winecity gửi đến bạn bảng giá rượu Gold Label mới nhất: Tên sản phẩm When John Walker first established his family business in 1820 he began a lineage of pioneering whisky craftsmen that continues unbroken to this day. When John Walker® First established the family business in 1820 he began a lineage of blending expertise that continues unbroken to this day. Carefully honed skills have been handed down from generation to generation, with the result that today's Johnnie Walker® Gold Label Reserve™ is testament to almost two centuries of blending excellence. When you first nose the whisky, it’s like opening a window to a landscape of aromas. Expect an inviting complexity, with layers ranging from sweet fruitiness to the subtle smokiness that whispers of aged barrels and distant highlands.Johnnie Walker Green Label, meanwhile, offers a delightful contrast to desserts, cutting through the sweetness with its spicy, smoky profile, making it an adventurous choice for those who prefer a less conventional pairing. Neat or with Ice Johnnie Walker Gold Label Reserve is a smooth Scotch whisky made using an only single malt and grain whiskies that have a sweet, honey flavour. It contains the Clynelish Malt Whisky, where legendary deposits of gold have been found in the river feeding the distillery. The result is layers of indulgent flavour with honey wrapped in velvet where sweet cream is lightly kissed by vanilla spice. Green Label, with its robust character, pairs well with more flavorful starters, like smoked salmon or rich cheeses, its earthy tones providing a spirited counterpoint to the savories. For Main Courses Green Label, with its earthy and robust notes, met Gold right in the middle. Both had their merits, but neither managed to outshine the other in terms of first impressions.

Starters often set the tone for what’s to follow, so choosing the right whisky to accompany your appetizers is crucial. If you’re serving lighter fare like canapés or fresh seafood, the smooth, sweet profile of Gold Label can enhance the experience, its subtle smokiness acting as a delightful contrast.However, if you’re inclined towards a tango, Green Label offers the dynamic complexity you crave. Its flavor profile engages the palate with an animated exchange between sweet and spicy, underpinned by a notable peat character. It’s a more tactile experience, a spirited conversation that engages and challenges. Flavor Comparison Then there’s Green Label, the rugged adventurer of the bunch. My encounters with it have been nothing short of revelatory. It’s a mosaic of the wild, embodying the untamed beauty of the Scottish highlands. When it dances on my palate, it’s with the grace of a warrior—strong, bold, yet with an elegance that’s hard to articulate. It’s the whisky that asks you to listen, not just taste.

Gold Label, at 40%, wears its alcohol content like a well-tailored suit: present, polished, but never ostentatious. It’s there to enhance, not overpower. Starting with the color, Gold Label clearly had a slight edge. Its rich, golden hue was just more visually appealing to me, reminiscent of a treasure trove of harvested wheat or the last kiss of sunlight on a late autumn afternoon. Green Label, while still inviting, didn’t spark the same level of visual intrigue, though it held its own with a decent presentation. It’s about the experience, the journey from nose to palate, and the stories that unfold with each sip. So, is it worth it? That is a road you’ll walk on your own. Johnnie Walker Gold vs. Green Label: Johnnie Walker Green Label Review

Johnnie Walker Gold Label Details

The debate between Johnnie Walker Gold Label Reserve and Green Label is as spirited as the drinks themselves. As an enthusiast, I’ve cradled many a glass, savoring the stories each one tells through its unique symphony of flavors. I find Gold Label Reserve to be the most frustrating of all the standard Label releases from Johnnie Walker. The discontinuation of the previous 18-year-old Gold Label and subsequent introduction of Platinum have rendered this release somewhat redundant. Taking a relatively short step up the ladder to Platinum, or – as I would highly recommend – down to Green Label would provide a much more enjoyable and intriguing experience.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment