Magento Forum - UK Magento Forum (Unofficial)

An unofficial but dedicated Magento Forum for Magento Users, Designers and Developers

One product wi multiple dropdowns listing the same attribute

A forum for web designers working with the Magento system.

One product wi multiple dropdowns listing the same attribute

Postby schnp » Wed May 19, 2010 3:14 pm

I'm really glad Is tumbled across these forums. It's too easy to have your post get lost on the official Magento forums so I hope someone here can help.

I'm setting up a website (my first ecommerce one) to sell truffles. There will be three box sizes (4,9,16) so customers need to be able to choose a flavor for each spot in each box. I think the easiest way to do this is have 4, 9, or 16 dropdowns on each product page where the customer can select each flavor. This is wicked easy to do in "Advanced Options" BUT it's a pain to update when we add or remove flavor offerings since I'd have to add to to each dropdown in each product, so a total of 29 updates. Any ideas for how to do this but make it much easier to update?
schnp

Re: One product wi multiple dropdowns listing the same attribute

Postby edmondscommerce » Wed May 19, 2010 3:32 pm

If you are using options I presume you mean custom options...

do bear in mind that won't allow you to track stock of your individual flavours (if you need to).

If you do need to track stock, then you should be using something like a bundle product

another alternative if you want to stick with using custom options is to use the "custom options templates" extension by Aitoc - I have used it a few times and its a really handy one when it is appropriate

http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento- ... -templates
edmondscommerce

Return to Magento Designers