276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Shadowplay: A Memoir From Behind the Lines and Under Fire: The Inside Story of Europe's Last War

£4.995£9.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It is Oct-1998 and the Kosovo War is in full swing. I was really looking forward to the boots on the ground war reporting, but that was not really the case, and this was not really that kind of war. It was not like he could embed himself in a platoon of British soldiers on the ground as there were none. The countries of northern Europe have been richer than those of the south for several centuries. The north industrialised earlier than the south and so has been more economically successful.”

Shadowplay: A Memoir From Behind the Lines and Under Fire

The book provides the reader with exclusive "behind the scenes" coverage of diplomatic games, psychological warfare and military operations in combination with showing the human side of war, mainly in the objective descriptions of suffering on the Serbian, as well as the Kosovar Albanian side. Shadowplay - Behind The Lines & Under Fire (The Inside Story Of Europe's Last War). A book which documents the downfall of Slobodan Milošević and contains Marshall's account of his experiences during the Yugoslav Wars. (Release: June 2019) Marshall began his journalistic career reporting for LBC and was their Paris Bureau Correspondent for three years. He has also reported for the BBC and has written for a number of national newspapers. He was also the longstanding Foreign Affairs Editor and then Diplomatic Editor for Sky News.Prisoners of Geography: Ten Maps That Tell You Everything You Need To Know About Global Politics - Elliott & Thompson". Archived from the original on 27 April 2015 . Retrieved 5 March 2015.

Shadowplay: Behind the Lines and Under Fire: The Inside…

Into 1999 and the war escalates and NATO begin bombing the Serbs to bring an end to the war. There are some horrific stories of collateral damage and mistakes from the NATO side with civilians being killed and maimed. He takes us through the war in three parts. ‘Before’, ‘During’ and ‘After’. The ‘After’ being a detailed account of how Milošević is toppled. ‘Revolution!’. In Russia we see the influence of the Arctic, and how its freezing climate limits Russia’s ability to be a truly global power. In China we see the limitations of power without a global navy, and now the speed at which China is seeking to change this is becoming apparent.” The shattering of Yugoslavia shattered my naive belief that war in Europe was over. During my later journeys, the events and realities I confronted led me to develop a hard realist view of the world.” One of his most notable moments on Sky News involved a six-hour unbroken broadcast during the first Gulf War. He was the last journalist to interview Pakistan's Benazhir Bhutto ahead of her return from exile and subsequent assassination. Worth Dying For - The Power & Politics Of Flags [20] [21] - is a book which covers the symbolism, culture and history behind the world's flags. Published by Elliott & Thompson (2016)Simon Redfern (13 September 2014). "Book of the week: 'Dirty Northern B*st*rds!': Britain's Football". The Independent. Archived from the original on 7 May 2022. Keith Simpson MP's Summer Reading List - 'Tim Marshall... timely reminder of the importance of geopolitics in Prisoners of Geography...' ". Accessed 15 April 2017 He has written for many of the national newspapers including the Times, the Guardian, the Daily Telegraph, and the Sunday Times.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment