276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Batman: The Black Mirror

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

When he turns back, he’s shocked that Dick is still there instead of disappearing in the middle of the conversation like Bruce does. This exciting and brilliantly illustrated DC Comics Collection tells the story of Bruce Wayne and Batman from start to finish in exquisite detail. But meanwhile, many have hailed Black Mirror as a high note for the original series to end on, in which Dick Grayson, having taken on the cape and cowl from his boss, works with Commissioner Gordon on a particularly grisly (of course) and personal (natch) set of cases that (indubitably) all turn out to be the same case, formed by a criminal mastermind from their shared past.

It is the uncompromising, gritty nature of the Dark Knight and his environment that essentially appeals to the reader, forging Batman into a literary character as great as any other detective before him.It does test the mettle and spiritual strength of both Jim and Dick to conquer the challenges of working in Gotham. The Zucco twist was cool and then the revelation with James Jr's plan was so awesome and the ending leaving things open ended. What's really quite fantastic about Snyder's writing (especially his dialogue) is not what's there but what's not - so much pointless exposition, all the extra details that any intelligent reader can fill in (or enjoy wondering about). It is actually a series of stories encapsulating the moral and spiritual toll that Gotham collects from Dick Grayson and Jim Gordon.

I am a Batman fan - having enjoyed the Nolan films and the Arkham games in particular - but never feeling particularly satisfied with the comics. The younger James is popularly suspected of being a criminal, and Barbara "Still Oracle" Gordon suspected him of even being a serial killer, although there was never any proof. Dick goes out to meet Sonia Zucco, but she tells she does not know who did it and asks him to leave.I admit I can't really be an objective reviewer as I think this period of DC's Batman with Scott Snyder and Jock was one of the strongest ever and can't get enough of it! Redford had Mad Hatter's technology tattooed on her neck which caused her to be brainwashed and kill the butler. Joker manages to escape from custody, and Commissioner Gordon arrives at home to realize that James.

Dick Grayson will sadly realizing how “lost” the people of Gotham is, how “hungry” they are for the “tools” of craziness. But what really sold the story for me was the fact that it was focused on how the characters viewed Gotham City as being a place full of corruption and how it affected them. It gives his Batman a presence that lacks the hardness that Bruce placed into it but still manages to be just as formidable.Particularly this version of Batman, which is both a stunning visual work and possesses a strong plot.

It clearly shows when Dick Grayson dons the Batman costume as his personality is less menacing than Bruce Wayne’s and he makes a couple of jokes or two towards his enemies. However, the story isn’t perfect, while it was good to see how much elements from the past of everyone was resurfacing, I think that if the storyline would have focused on the main element which makes the climax of it, the whole storyline may be shorter but more solid. Dick successfully defeats this monster, although the plane explodes and crashes into the harbor where no body is recovered. And yet, like a decent blockbuster film, there is a unique art form to the graphic novel that should never be ignored, regardless of the literary snobbery one aims to achieve.Dick learns that he has been out for 9 hours, and rushes to confront Etienne Guiborg before he can leave on a plane, but during the confrontation Etienne Guiborg transforms into a creature similar to Man-Bat.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment