276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Earth Animal No-Hide Chicken Chews 7" 2-Pack

£12£24.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

No-Hide Chews: The Sustainable Choice Clean Ingredients, Traceability, and the Healthy Alternative to Rawhide Pay attention to the type and quality of the ingredients in the chews you select. Ideally, you can recognize most or all of the ingredients and they are foods that you might also be willing to eat, like meat and vegetables. At this point, it’s looking a little hard for them to stand behind that “100% “No-Hide” claim” in the face of DNA testing. I suspect they will eventually offer some explanation that because of the way the product is processed it is no longer considered “rawhide” under legal definitions. The screen captures are a bit hard to read, but I don’t see any “contains no beef” claims. They only talk about hide and leather, not species. This pasteurized, aged cheese treat lasts well for most dogs and offers plenty of calcium for strong teeth and bones. I thought I’d provide an update of sorts. The estimated cost for a full analysis at a lab that identifies unknowns was ~2000.00 They would tell me all ingredients identified and in what proportions they are in. It was a bit more than I felt comfortable spending: ) I elected to instead have a known rawhide processed at the lab where I had the “No Hide” processed.

Asking yourself these questions can help you narrow down your research when faced with a wide variety of products from different manufacturers.

Be an Earth Animal!

This female-owned company was founded in Phoenix, Arizona, by a first-generation American Latina, and donates 3 percent of profits to fund women in entrepreneurship and other local community initiatives. For the chew itself: “The material appears to be composed of streams of eosinophilic material( no observable nuclei) with relatively distinct margins. This material is birefringent using polarized light.” I didn’t know what that last sentence meant and looked it up. I found that it is a measure of symmetry and is a reported characteristic of collagen. Since then, I have spent a small fortune trying different types of ‘dog chews’. Nellie either eats them within minutes or won’t touch them at all (fake rubber, nylabone, Kong, “real bones” etc she won’t touch as a chew, as she thinks it’s a boring toy) This is the description of the known rawhide : “The material appears to be composed of streams of eosinophilic material (no observable nuclei) with scattered regions of relatively distinct margins. The material is birefringent using polarized light. The diameter of this material varies (random sampling of measurements 27 um, 28 um, 30 um, and 33 um). Interspersed within the material are multiple clear spaces (artifact of processing vs. empty space within material).”

When it comes to taste and appearance, rawhide chews can be basted with flavor, smoked, or dyed. They may even be painted with titanium dioxide, which makes them look white and attractive. This ingredient is no longer considered safe in Europe for use in any animal feed as it accumulates in the body over time leading to cancer and potential damage to DNA. Dyes commonly used in manufacturing are also known to have carcinogenic effects such as FD&C Red 40. being composed of eosinophilic material similar to that of the product examined in #17-279…. Based on my evaluation of both products, I suspect that the product from #17-217 is composed of material similar to that of #17-279” Chewing is a natural instinct for most dogs, especially when they are puppies. It helps them develop strong healthy teeth and gums, helps remove baby teeth as they are pushed out painfully as new teeth emerge, especially during the first year of life.Yamka reported in his report that “Once the rolls were cooled, they were cut into appropriate sizes” If the rolls started out as 255 grams then your 4 inch and 7 inch should have weighed a lot more then label weight so that that the total weight for a 4 inch and a 7 inch would total the weight of an 11 inch. What you are finding seems odd It makes me wonder if these chews are being sourced from more than one place and your 11 inch chews are from someplace different than you 4 and 7 inch chews. The treat’s chewy texture is designed to help clean the gum line. Their simple ingredients are also easy for your pup to digest. Plus, they're full of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients. Other ingredients like melatonin, chamomile, valerian root and passionflower induce relaxation and restful sleep. So they’re perfect to give before bed for a solid night’s sleep or to help you get through a thunderstorm or a vet appointment. (You'll need one chew per 25 pounds of your pet's body weight.) This product also earned the National Animal Supplement Council quality seal of approval and is made in a Good Management Practices (GMP) certified facility, indicating a high level of quality control.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment