276°
Posted 20 hours ago

ELITEPRINT MATILDA ROALD DAHL CLASSIC KIDS CHILDREN BOOK COVER A4 POSTER ON 250GSM PRINT MATERIAL

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

stars for another Roald Dahl masterpiece! He adds a way of life, in the form of magic, to his characters. Many have mentioned to me that they read several of his books when they were children. I guess I am just one of those people that missed out reading him when I was younger however, I am extremely happy to discover him now and know that my grandchildren are reading his books also. Colouring is a fun and expressive activity which is popular with young learners. By completing these exercises alongside readings of Matilda, your child will get the chance to be imaginative by expressing their own vision of each character. Colouring helps to improve focus, concentration and fine motor skills and is a great classroom activity. Who wrote Matilda?

Matilda | BookTrust Matilda | BookTrust

This is an additional license to the rights included within the regular Royalty-Free license. Note that the other restrictions still apply. Matilda is a children’s story written by Roald Dahl, first released in 1988. It’s about a young girl named Matilda Wormwood, who has an incredible intellect and magic powers, including the ability to levitate objects.

Matilda is a lovely little book. It’s a book about standing up against bullies (no matter who the bullies are.) It’s also a book about learning to live with yourself, about being who you are despite the pressures those who are supposed to love you may exert on your personality. It’s a book written for readers and one that establishes so firmly why reading is so damn important in a world that is becoming increasingly detached from the things that truly matter in life. When she starts school at Crunchem Hall, Matilda meets the frightening and bullying headmistress, Agatha Trunchbull, and witnesses her terrible temper. Soon, she puts her very special talents to work to get the better of Miss Trunchbull and the other unpleasant grown-ups around her - as well as to help warm-hearted class teacher Miss Honey. His first children's book was The Gremlins, about mischievous little creatures that were part of RAF folklore. The book was commissioned by Walt Disney for a film that was never made, and published in 1943. Dahl went on to create some of the best-loved children's stories of the 20th century, such as Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Matilda and James and the Giant Peach. I sadly cannot rate this book with five stars....... What i noticed with it was that her life at home was what made the story fun..... The whole Wormwood family was what made the story fun and whenever the author cut them out just so Matilda could go to school......Well it was kind of dissapointing. Did i forget to mention that Matilda was a genius? Well she was and her little mind held thousands of facts about books and mathamatics problems.

MATILDA - Blue Gate Fields Junior School MATILDA - Blue Gate Fields Junior School

I cannot properly review this book, but I have read it so many times in the past. It was my comfort read in a way. I'm just going to gush instead. Finally, Matilda is a book about family. Both Matilda and Miss Honey find themselves without a family that understands them. In a bold choice for a children’s book, the story does not sugar-coat its narrative by pretending that all families are perfect. In the end, the two characters decide to make their own family. Presenting this idea to young children will encourage empathy and a greater understanding for what family means.Awesome book. I would definitely recommend it to others aged about 6-adult. It's an amusing story about a young girl's love of books and the relationship with her encouraging teacher, and less encouraging parents! Matilda is also a book about the power of reading. We learn about Matilda’s love of reading early on, and this is something that allows her to escape the painful situations she finds herself in, coming out the other end stronger. This makes it an ideal book to teach children who are just getting into reading full-length books for the first time. It might inspire them to take a deeper journey into reading.

Novel front cover of Matilda by Roald Dahl - Dreamstime Novel front cover of Matilda by Roald Dahl - Dreamstime

Review to come, of course. This is Roald Dahl at nearly his best. I'm reading it too slowly for my taste but sometimes life gets in the way. I thought his best book is Going Solo actually. But Matilda is quite original. It's like the movie Home Alone, only the parents are the villains. It's a bit of an exaggeration, but I just threw it there.There are perhaps no days of our childhood we lived so fully as those we spent with a favorite book.’ i was, as i'm sure many of you were too, an incredible nerd in childhood. an indoors kid. a dork. in other words, a bookworm. Matilda is a smart young girl who parents are really really mean to her. But She stands out from the crowd and she follows her way to a happy new life. I recommend this book for 6+. After meeting some of Matilda’s friends such as Lavender and Bruce Bogtrotter while getting into adventures at the school, we eventually learn more about Miss Honey’s life. Miss Honey’s parents died when she was young, and she has been under the thumb of her aunt ever since. Her aunt controls her finances, bullies and belittles her, and has even taken her family home away from her. This aunt is none other than... Miss Trunchbull herself!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment