276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Game Of Thrones: Seasons 1-8 4K Ultra-HD [2019] [Region Free] [Blu-ray]

£89.735£179.47Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

There were dodgy moments in Seasons Five and Six, but they didn't break the spell. I forgave everything Dorne related (except the "bad pussy" moment, which was inexcusable), along with Arya's parkour escape. VISION : Sony A90J OLED 65"- ISF Calibrated SOUND : Marantz 7015 | XTZ Spirit Speakers | Sub: XTZ 10.17 Edge | REGA PLANAR 3 MEDIA: OPPO 205 UHD MR/MZ | Sky Q 2TB V3 Box | BB: VIRGIN 1GB FIBRE When I watched The Dark Knight in 4K UHD for the first time a couple of years ago, it was almost like watching it again for the first time in theaters. The same is the case for Game of Thrones. The higher resolution and detail captured in the 4K format (with HDR) is very clearly on another level to what we watched for eight seasons (sometimes compressed via cable, decreasing the quality for people at home). 4K HDR totally makes a major difference in the viewing experience, and we’ll dive into a few scenes and takeaways for the review. All seasons have Atmos but again like the blurays it defaults to DD 5.1 utterly stupid if you ask me so every time you change discs you have to re-select Atmos. From Season 4 the capture resolution was increased to 2880p (3K) and RED Epic Dragon (6K RAW) cameras were introduced for selected shots.

Game of Thrones: The Complete Series | 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray

As I loved the series in general and upgraded to a 4K setup I just had to have this collection. The collection itself comes in a tin box which looks in line with the GOT theme and makes sure the steelbooks themself are well protected. The price may make you think twice, but for any fan of the series (and if you have somewhere to display it properly) this is a must. The whole series was beautifully shot and looks stunning in 4k, it's a breath of fresh air after the dark ages streaming quality of NowTV. Thank you for reaching out to Warner Bros. We apologize for any confusion regarding your digital copy offer. Though the 4K UHD discs in the _Game of Thrones: The Complete Series [4K UHD + Blu-ray]_ are in 4K, the digital code included with this box set (for the U.S. only) is only for a digital copy of the title in HD format. Therefore, your digital code has correctly redeemed in the intended HD format.The steelbooks themselfs are gorgeous and I love the art on them and the season theme cutout on the inside. Me and my wife love the series (our 3rd cat is named Arya). And we are also movie collectors so we are looking for Steelbook editions to put on our wall i the home cinema room. We were thinking on hunting for the BD Steelbook editions, but since we were planning on switching to 4K for some time now, therefore we chose to wait for a full set of the 4K edition. And the wait was wort it! First of all, the actual physical look of the box, with a screeching Drogon on the front and gold text and accents, looks awesome. It has a prestigious appearance and is worthy of a final box set for an all-time great show like Game of Thrones.

Game of Thrones: The Complete Series [Blu-ray] [2011] [2019] Game of Thrones: The Complete Series [Blu-ray] [2011] [2019]

I then watched the Great Pit of Daznak scene in The Dance of Dragons (skipping the heartbreaking scene when Shireen is burned at the stake; I’ll get to that on a full rewatch) when the Sons of the Harpy close in on Daenerys. The fighting and the defense of the Targaryen queen looked like it was taking place right in front of you, and the arrival of Drogon to save the day was insane. The effort put into creating a realistic look for the dragons can be further appreciated by seeing the detail in 4K UHD, and the fire looks extremely real (because it was, as they used real fire and actually lit stunt people on fire). Game of Thrones: Reunion Special: A two-part reunion show shot live in Belfast with the cast, both past and present, hosted by Conan O'Brien and available exclusively on these complete series collections. The reunion special is assembled in segments focused on Houses Lannister, Stark, & Targaryen and concludes with the key players all onstage for their final reflections on the years they shared in Westeros and Essos. |Based on the series of books "A Song Of Ice And Fire" by George R.R. Martin, Game Of Thrones follows kings and queens, knights and renegades, liars and noblemen as they vie for power. In a land where summers span decades and winters can last a lifetime, trouble is brewing. Two powerful families are engaged in a deadly cat-and-mouse game for control of the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros. As betrayal, lust, intrigue and supernatural forces shake the four corners of the Kingdoms, their bloody struggle for the Iron Throne will have unforeseen and far-reaching consequences. Season 1 was shot digitally in 10-bit 4:4:4 at 1920x1080 resolution and recorded on to Sony HDCAM SR videotape. So the only gain with this 4K release is the increased colour depth and little extra definition by upscaling direct from the original high bandwidth, low compression source. Additionally a special edition will be available exclusively at Best Buy that houses each individual season within the main box in nifty Steelbook cases. At a higher price, of course.Game of Thrones: The Last Watch: A documentary by filmmaker Jeanie Finlay chronicling the making of the final season. |I’m up to series 6 and the quality is outstanding now however there are a couple of issues that are annoying and simply unforgivable. Based on the series of books "A Song Of Ice And Fire" by George R.R. Martin, Game Of Thrones follows kings and queens, knights and renegades, liars and noblemen as they vie for power. In a land where summers span decades and winters can last a lifetime, trouble is brewing. Two powerful families are engaged in a deadly cat-and-mouse game for control of the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros. As betrayal, lust, intrigue and supernatural forces shake the four corners of the Kingdoms, their bloody struggle for the Iron Throne will have unforeseen and far-reaching consequences. The picture quality is of course great although maybe a bit too dark in the darker scenes. Maybe the HDR on my TV isn't the best but it was no big deal. First, let’s get one negative out of the way. As of now, it appears the digital copy does not redeem in 4K on Vudu. It says right on the front box, “4K Ultra HD + Digital Code”, so the safe assumption would be that the digital code should be in the 4K format. I couldn’t get an answer before this was published, but I know Seasons 1 and 8 (which were already available in 4K) also did not redeem in 4K—though perhaps they are waiting until the official release date tomorrow to make all 73 episodes available. At some point, they almost have to make it available in 4K digitally (it is likely coming on HBO Max at some point, so), but it’s something to keep in mind, especially if you do not have a 4K Blu-ray player.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment