276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Tell Me Lies: A Novel

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I can already see a lot of people not liking either character. I know that statement doesn’t seem like a raving recommendation to read this book, but hear me out. Stephen - for obvious reasons – isn’t a male lead people will swoon over. And Lucy will undoubtedly make people uncomfortable. While it’s easy to disagree with how she handles a lot of things, the author’s portrayal of her issues and insecurities is just down right accurate. ANYONE who has dated someone like Stephen will understand (though may not like) a lot of things Lucy does. As I watch this new, sophisticated version of Bree talking closely with her soon-to-be in-laws, I can’t help but feel nostalgic for the girl I met the first night of freshman year seven years ago—the scrappy, never-done-drugs, never-had-sex Bree. Lucy Albright has no idea what she's in for when she lets Stephen DeMarco into her life when she's a freshman in college. He's attractive but not all that, but he knows how to appeal to women. In fact, he makes a study of it, deliberately creating a persona that his target young lady will like ... and lying ruthlessly and without conscience. Mostly so he can juggle several different sexual relationships at the same time. Sex and money are his only real cares - well, along with alcohol and drugs. And both Stephen and Lucy have secrets they're hiding. All I can say is that any book that can evoke so much anger and frustration in a reader (me!) has successfully accomplished what it set out to do. My dad made me go,” Pippa sighed. “It was kind of brutal. Two of the girls on our trip didn’t shave their armpits. Thank God I found Bree.”

Lucy doesn’t even notice him, and when she does, she’s not impressed. Stephen does not capture her interest and she easily dismisses him.

Have you ever had anxiety while reading a book? Or your just smiling like a lunatic because you are LOVING a novel. No? Just me? Okay. And, seriously, the cover?! I love it! PIP: I think we’re close, but our Uber driver is confused. How do you spell Tooksberry, Luce? Tooksbury? We can’t wait to squeeze you!!! Stephen makes a number of assertions about the way the world works. Choose three of his pronouncements that you agree with along with ones you firmly disagree with and share them with your group. I gave her a passing grade at the end....but she struggled a lot until finally she ‘mastered’ her subject.

I wake two minutes before my 5:45 a.m. alarm goes off, on instinct, like the neurotic, sleep-deprived New Yorker I’ve become. My head kills from the wine—Dane and I split two bottles with the dinner that I paid for—but I force myself out of bed anyway. Three Advil, two cups of coffee, and an Adderall and I’ll survive the day. And isn’t that what New York is all about anyway—surviving? A suspense thriller, Tell Me Lies begins with a successful Australian psychologist pushing a client off a train platform. But why? An interesting cat and mouse game that ends with a jaw-dropping conclusion. Lucy tries to move on after the death of a new friend by accepting Stephen's invitation to go on a date.

Melissa, it’s one article. You know I like to write—I’ve done some freelancing and I wrote that post for The Suitest last year. But I love working on the sales side.” I taste the lie as it slides from my mouth, bitter as metal.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment