276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Getting Better: Life lessons on going under, getting over it, and getting through it

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Instead, in each of these vignettes you will find dysfunctional humans trying to do their best and bouncing off each other in the process.

My wife was in hospital for three months a couple of years ago, and in intensive care for two weeks. In some senses this could be described as a self help book but I’m sure that is not necessarily the intention. This rich and varied anthology contains the radio productions of five of Lawrence's classic novels, and nine short stories and novellas. Honestly, I felt really torn over the rating for this book - on a ten-point scale it would have been a seven. We will all go through hardships in our lives, whether it’s a job loss, money worries, a bereavement, a relationship ending, an illness etc.It was interesting to hear about his life, ramblings, health, work, and his own development over time.

He is tall and lanky; when he sits down at his desk it is like watching a long piece of paper fold itself into creases. Getting better is partially the story of Rosen’s recovery from covid and partially a self-help guide.Windows users should also consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge, or switching to Firefox or Chrome.

What followed was months on the wards: a month in an induced coma, and weeks of rehab and recovery as the NHS saved his life, and then got him back on his feet. The Chalke History Festival announces a new name, new look, and tons for history buffs to get their teeth into! One thing I say to kids is, ‘If you think of a thought as a ping-pong ball in your head – your head’s empty, and there’s a ping-pong ball bouncing around in there like it’s in a bottle, bing-bong, bing-bong – well, can you get the ping-pong ball outside your head so that it’s not making all of that noise? In I Love The Bones Of You, Eccleston unveils a vivid portrait of a relationship that has shaped his entire career trajectory, mirroring and defining his own highs and lows, from stage and screen triumph to breakdown, anorexia, self-doubt, and a deep belief in the basic principles of access and equality denied to generations. In the most moving section, Rosen describes how his son Eddie went to bed one night with flu-like symptoms and never woke up again.

The stunning new memoir from the Sunday Times bestselling author of Many Different Kinds of LoveA Guardian book of 2023A BBC book of 2023'If I could prescribe Getting Better to the entire nation, I would. With top guests including Stephen Fry, Jack Whitehall, Michael Rosen, Susie Dent, Alex Horne, Paul Sinha, Robin Ince, Josh Widdecombe, Natalie Haynes, Dave Gorman, Richard Herring, Ed Byrne, Jenny Eclair and Milton Jones. Walking through a cemetery one day, they encountered a woman crying at the foot of her young son’s grave and struck up a conversation. I loved every single word' Dr Rachel Clarke 'Just full to the brim with wisdom, truth and beautiful silliness' Cariad LloydIn our lives, terrible things may happen. Yet, in the face of adversity, he persevered and discovered the capacity to unearth joy in the aftermath of tragedy.

What if that double shared many of your preoccupations but, in a twisted, upside-down way, furthered the very causes you’d devoted your life to fighting against? But also the kind of love we must have for each other if we are to survive the terrible divisions and hate we are seeing now.Goldilocks and her little dog are off on an adventure, looking for that house again – the one with the chairs, the porridge and beds. Rather than try and fail to put any more of it into words I will just say that this book has got me writing again - the highest praise I can give, really. While it is of course many months since Rosen, a famously brilliant performer (there are more than half a million followers of his YouTube channel of his children’s poems and stories) has been able to go into schools in person, he has started to do school events once more via video-conferencing site Zoom.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment