276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Jacky Daydream

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Whilst I did love this book and learning about Jacqueline Wilson's life, there are a few things that I didn't enjoy so much.

Jacky Daydream is really special to me as Jacqueline Wilson is probably the best childrens author of all time, for me anyway. From the very first story she wrote, "Meet the Maggots", it was clear that this little girl had a very vivid imagination. Jacqueline Wilson takes a look back at her own childhood in this captivating story of friendships, loneliness, books, toys, parents and much more. We don’t share your credit card details with third-party sellers, and we don’t sell your information to others.For me though this was a little bit slow, I wanted so much more information about her life and was just given little snippets which is great for children but not if you're genuinely interested and want to see what her childhood was like.

She tells us that when her mum picks her up for the first time she says ” she’s just like i imagined” that makes her very happy.Jacky yang senang membaca, Jacky yang suka dengan boneka, Jacky yang sangat sayang dengan neneknya, Jacky yang tidak terlalu seia sekata dengan orang tuanya. While taking readers on a journey through her childhood, Jacqueline Wilson has produced another hit among children. With photographs and new illustrations by Nick Sharratt, this book will delight all of Jacky’s fans — and be a treat for new readers too. Many youngsters will relate to the story of Floss, who loves both her parents dearly and desperately wants them to get back together. He has produced over sixty of his own titles, including much-loved favourites Ketchup on Your Cornflakes and Shark in the Park.

Jacqueline is one of the nation’s favourite authors, and her books are loved and cherished by young readers not only in the UK but all over the world. As well as winning many awards for her books, including the Children's Book of the Year, Jacqueline is a former Children's Laureate, and in 2008 she was appointed a Dame. The thing that really made the book for me though was the photos throughout of her growing up, her family and her friends.

Jacqueline's books include The Story of Tracy Beaker, which has become a hugely successful BBC TV series; Girls in Love, which together with its two sequels was filmed for ITV television; and Double Act, which she adapted for Channel 4 and which won the Royal TV Society's Best Children's Fiction Award. Registered office address: Unit 34 Vulcan House Business Centre, Vulcan Road, Leicester, Leicestershire, LE5 3EF.

I thought it was a very interesting book because even though there wasn’t a story plot, you got to see what it was like to be Jacqueline Wilson when she was younger and what it was like living with her family and growing up. It is a whole other story and it could of course not be written in a child friendly way, because children want to read about children, not adults. Nick Sharratt has written and illustrated many books for children including Shark in the Park, You Choose and Pants.

So it’s on me for not realising this was aimed at her usual age group, but I wanna know what happened the rest of her life! Jacqueline Wilson was born in Bath in 1945, and spent her childhood in Kingston-on-Thames, Surrey, where she still lives today. THE ILLUSTRATED MUM was chosen as British Children's Book of the Year in 1999 and was winner of the Guardian Children's Fiction Award 2000. All of our books are 100% brand new, unread and purchased directly from the publishers in bulk allowing us to pass the huge savings on to you! It is only a short book (as I said it is aimed at children) and the text is quite large therefore you could probably get through this in one sitting.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment