276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Man on the Moon: a day in the life of Bob

£3.495£6.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. It was such a pleasure to meet you both, and I really appreciated how smoothly and professionally you ran everything. I've managed to get two weeks worth of work out of this one book alone and barely scratched the surface! He knows almost everything there is to know about the moon - but there's something going on behind his back that he hasn't spotted.

Since then, it's been a hilarious staple of night time reading, day time reading, Daddy reading to himself, and just general conversation between our children and ourselves. Although at first it doesn't jump out as a 'typical' children's story as the illustrations are of an older style, this is what makes it unique and also what draws the children to it.This book tells the story of Dougal who can't wait to finish his day at work as the next day his holidays start. By using the Web site, you confirm that you have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by the Terms and Conditions. The text and the pictures are well connected supporting each other, however they have their own life too: the story can be read without looking at any of the pictures, and as the book is richly illustrated it is very easy to make up your own storyline without reading. The illustration work is the real highlight of the book, especially the larger, zoomed-in spreads and the mix of traditional looks with the modern and unusual – who isn’t going to be impressed by an alien in glasses and a sweater vest?

Personally, I loved the adult humour - the fact it only takes Bob 15 minutes to get to work on the Moon - and I thoroughly enjoyed reading this to my children; it has become a firm favourite at bedtime.

As the story progresses, the humorous narrative tells the reader that of course there are no aliens and that Bob is a Moon expert, but the illustrations clearly show aliens on each page - stealing his cake, hiding in a crater, in the bath tub. Grandma has just mailed a copy to a young cousin in Western Australia, so hopefully Bob and his aliens (what aliens?

But the double page spread in the centre is a BIT MUCH for 3 year olds and because of this, The Man on the Moon cannot be in the bedroom at night-time. I can imagine this story would be wonderful to teach in a Primary setting as there are many directions you could take with the concept of the 'man on the moon' - Space topics, looking at difference and developing visual literacy, among them. Yesterday a parent came over to tell me how impressed she was by the book fair and that you did a fabulous job of selling the books to the children first.I was at my last school for 4 years and we had ********* book fairs every term – and every term, I was disappointed by the narrow range of books. Finance is provided by PayPal Credit (a trading name of PayPal UK Ltd, Whittaker House, Whittaker Avenue, Richmond-Upon-Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom, TW9 1EH). Readers will delight in spotting all of the aliens that Bob misses noticing as he goes about his work as the man on the moon. Templar) ‘Every morning Bob rises at six o’clock… has a cup of tea and two eggs for breakfast before leaving for the rocket launch pad. is the 15th anniversary of the creation of Bob, Man on the Moon, celebrate with this anniversary edition.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment