276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Meet Me Halfway (Learning to Love Series)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

And then, this guy became the love interest because he's hot, so why not? I thought I was going to like him after putting her in her place, but oh my god. Sadly, I got so tired Thank you for joining project epicpdf.com one more step for saving everlasting masterpieces of great minds of all nations and times. I could have done with the ex-drama. The coworker drama. The soccer moms drama. `The morning after drama. THE DRAMA. Ugh. single dad romances always end up with three people in that relationship— the hero, the heroine and the hero’s dead wife. single mum romances never seem to play into the dead spouse trope so im all for it. i don’t really wanna read about the hero pining for his dead wife while the heroine is competing with a ghost. And then, this guy became the love interest because he's hot, so why not? I thought I was going to like him after putting her in her place, but oh my god. Sadly, I got so tired of the book that I stopped highlighting the toxic behavior and all the possessiveness. The author tried to make him all mysterious and a little grumpy, but he was just an asshole and didn't show personality throughout the entire book, he was just there. He also made some terrible assumptions about the protagonist at the beginning, about her being a gold digger (when she's far from it, working like three jobs and being a single mom) and never apologized for that.

The sex scenes. Pass. The coming out nowhere dominant bullshit in bed and the male character psycho-babbling nonsense to claim control in the bedroom, GTFO with this BS. The sex talk was a bit ridiculous? Lilian T. James was born and raised in a small town in Kansas until she graduated from high school. She enrolled in an East Coast college, moved there with her son, and earned degrees in criminal justice, social work, psychology, and sociology. After graduating, she met her husband and moved to the West Coast for a few years before finally settling in Kansas. She has three children, a miniature dachshund, and has been an avid reader of fantasy and romance all her life. Lilian was finally able to publish her first novel, Untainted, in 2021 and has no plans to stop. madison is one of the strongest characters i’ve ever read. she managed to raise, jamie, a young boy with such a passion heart, while also balancing multiple jobs to make sure her son can live comfortably. i just want to give her a big hug, she doesn’t deserve any of the things she had to go through. single mum romances featuring a sexy, grumpy next-door neighbour hero are my kryptonite. Wait for It, River Wild and One Percent of You are some of my favourite books, period. i know it’s a kinda weird thing to notice but i also loved the parallel of Garret touching her ears when he washed her hair vs Rob, her coworker, touching her ear when he was playing with her hair— the former consensual, the latter non-consensual. idk, it just showed how she willingly gave herself to Garret; to be loved and taken care of, to be respected and adored.... without there being strings attached or ulterior motives.garrett. i am in love with this man. granted, i did want to slap him at first, but i’m glad mads confronted him on his behaviour! the second he changed tho…wow. no words for this man. not only did he treat maddie (WHEN HE CALLS HER THAT🫠🫠) with the love and care she deserves but his care for jamie too had me sobbing. After just leaving a failed relationship, she'snot looking to jump into another. But when he invites herhome and offers hera deal, shecan't help but accept.

Madison and Garret are new next-door neighbours in a duplex, and I loved how the beginning of the book there’s a graphic of what their two mirror-image apartments look like. No, you won’t. From the sounds of it, you got nothing left in the tank. You’d just gag, and I gotta tell you, baby, gagging doesn’t bother me.”

She knows as well as anyone that mothers can be protective of their children. And as a divorced, single mother, the only thing Madison has to offer Garrett is her heart. When things were bad, they were really bad. But when they were good, they were amazing. Over time, I’d gotten so used to the bad times, that the good ones seemed almost euphoric.” I stared off into space, contemplating my next words. “Being with a manipulative partner is like an addiction. But instead of a drug, you’re addicted to them, to making them happy because it’s the only time you can be happy. You acclimate to their behavior a little at a time, until you grow numb to it. Until it’s no longer the worst day you’ve ever had, it’s just Monday. “Then one day they stop giving you your fix. They leave you writhing on the floor, screaming out into the void, all the while knowing, even through the pain, you’re going to wake up and do it all over again. Forever chasing the high of making them happy.” As a single mom juggling multiple jobs, college, and the judgment of other moms, Madison is nervous. Add the weight of a past that won’t let go, a grumpy neighbor and echoes of reformed love, and you have a searing reality rarely seen in books starring a single father. Author's Note: All books in the Meet Me Halfway series are standalones. This story centers around Nate, a character introduced in Book One.

immediately i was rooting for her— she was charming and funny, a little sad and struggling, fierce and loyal. i just loved her a lot. Madison gave her heart to a boy at the age of sixteen, but all she got in return was a broken heart and a swollen belly. Being with a manipulative partner is like an addiction. But instead of a drug, you’re addicted to them, to making them happy because it’s the only time you can be happy. You acclimate to their behavior a little at a time, until you grow numb to it. Until it’s no longer the worst day you’ve ever had, it’s just Monday. “Then one day they stop giving you your fix. They leave you writhing on the floor, screaming out into the void, all the while knowing, even through the pain, you’re going to wake up and do it all over again. Forever chasing the high of making them happy.” tries to knit baby blankets for you to donate to the local women’s shelter you help out at because you’ve been struggling to find the time to make them yourself. He didn’t date. Didn’t believe in tying himself down to only one person to touch and taste for the rest of his life.Madison is a super heroine. Years after getting out of an abusive relationship, she’s doing the best she can to give her 8yo son the best life possible. Even if it means juggling 3 jobs, school and mom duties. And I found it heartbreaking that no matter what she’s doing, people are judging her instead of supporting her. Why can’t people support her instead of making her feel bad for reaching for help. I honestly felt like slapping those PTO mom for shaming her every chance they got. That’s your one freebie. Once I have you naked, the only name I want to hear you call out is mine. You need to send up a prayer when I make you scream? I want it to be to me.” but I’d learned years ago, spending a few extra minutes babying my curls was the difference between “Yes, girl, work it,” and having animals bow down to me as their new king.”

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment