276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Breakaway: MUST-READ spicy hockey romance from the TikTok sensation! Perfect for fans of ICEBREAKER (Beyond the Play)

£4.995£9.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

During your commute: If you take public transportation or have a long commute, you may find it helpful to use that time to read. Similarly to the first book in this series, the ending was rushed. The pacing was off and everything was neatly wrapped together in less than 3 chapters. Even though her family showed up in the end, the resolution just wasn’t there. She got to say her piece (a little) but I was left wanting more. For her family dynamics being her biggest struggle in the book, we should have seen more. Even with her Lab partner, Alice. One little exchange in the bathroom wasn’t enough. For someone who had no problem treating her boyfriend and best friend poorly, she sure was nice and complacent with the “villians” of the book. Thanks to the ex from hell, I’m a long way from being ready for a relationship–but after an unfortunate morning involving my roommate and a flying–ahem–personal toy, it’s clear that it’s finally time to reclaim my agency, one long-sought-after experience in bed at a time. Thanks to the ex from hell, I’m a long way from being ready for a relationship – but it’s finally time to reclaim my agency, one sexual experience at a time.

Breakaway is a spicy new adult college sports romance with dual POV and a guaranteed HEA. It is the second in a series of linked, yet standalone, novels in the Beyond the Play series. Details About Breakaway I fell in love with this series from the moment I started it, and I was SO excited for Stealing Home. I also had a feeling this book would be my favorite… AND I WAS RIGHT 🤭 The best time to read a book depends on your personal schedule and preferences. Here are some suggestions: I cannot tell you how much I appreciated that the conflict at the end was not a third act breakup and really, that there was no breakup at all. Our characters were pretty mature and whenever I thought we were reaching a situation that would normally result in some kind of relationship ending miscommunication, they handled it extremely well and not at all how I normally expect them to. It was refreshing and still kept the story interesting and compelling despite not having that unnecessary drama. This book was definitely unique to me as I felt I hadn’t read something where a relationship had been pre established before the book began.. I honestly thought that would ruin some of the tension….I WAS WRONG. These two had literal tension for DAAAYS. The build up was so damn hot…and the spice….dead..done🤭🫠This was pretty disappointing. I feel like the most fun part of a romance book is when the leads meet, get to know each other and then get together. But this book starts from a point where you skipped all that and you’re told that they were together but are now broken up. And they don’t even bother showing how they got together in the first place. Basically you get no context or history of their relationship. Because of this I wasn’t connected to the characters at all and didn’t really feel invested in their relationship.

The romance was a great mix of fluffy and spicy. It was hot and sweet and genuine. The third act conflict was believable and I was happy with how everything resolved. It felt like the characters actually worked through things and didn’t just gloss over it. Bex and James were a perfect fit. And that ending!! Let me tell you, I did not expect to cry at all and it had me in TEARS. But I need a word with the author, that epilogue felt a little unfinished.Breakaway: A Coach’s Daughter College Sports Romance (Beyond the Play Book 2) by Grace Reilly – eBook Details I hated the FMC before I found out she was bisexual, but when I found out she was bisexual, I hated the author. Full disclosure: I DNF’d this book before I could find out if the FMC was going to be held accountable for treating the MMC terribly. Based on this influx of books of MMCs being treated like garbage and FMCs never being held accountable for terrible behavior, I sincerely doubt it. A secret friends-with-benefits arrangement with the coach’s daughter shouldn’t have a shot in the dark of leading to more… I cannot get over Seb, who doesn’t love an athlete plus a cook?! I’ll wait. He struggled a lot within this book and we find out a lot about his past and how much he still is struggling.

I was so happy this was written in dual POV! It really made the two main characters shine. They felt real and had depth captured through their fears and dreams. I always love a dual POV romance, I want to be able to read about both characters falling for each other! Mia was such an amazing character to follow and watch her grow from this dark emotionless woman who struggled with her family to this bright star that kept you on your toes. First of all, thank you Grace for trusting me to read your book while you wrote it. (Yes, I read this book multiple times LOL) Girlfriend, you are something else! I’m so glad to connect with you through bookstagram. Goodreads Librarians are volunteers who help ensure the accuracy of information about books and authors in the Goodreads' catalog. The Goodreads Libra Goodreads Librarians are volunteers who help ensure the accuracy of information about books and authors in the Goodreads' catalog. The Goodreads Librarians Group is the official group for requesting additions or updates to the catalog, including: This book starts out a few months after Mia ended her secret friends with benefits relationship with Seb after they were caught by Cooper (Sebs brother). Seb wanted more and has no idea what went wrong. When Mia’s place floods and she has no where to live Seb sees an opportunity to help Mia, but also get close to her again.Penny was also a great fmc. She was not as frustrating as Bex was (if at all). I loved how she took charge of her sexuality and her path to recovery from her past. She was funny, generous, and just an overall relatable character that really resonated with me. She reminded me a bit of Jennie from Play With Me who I also adored. This book is so different from the first two books, for the best of reasons. I can feel Grace’s love and passion in this story and it definitely showed from all the tears I shed. It’s beautiful, relatable, covers hard topics and overall just made me stupidly happy. So excited to see what Grace cooks up next! She's my coach's daughter, but from the moment she grabs me on the ice rink, she's the only thing on my mind. She wants me to introduce her to all the things she's been dying to experience in the bedroom. If I say yes, I'll be relaxed on the ice again - but if her dad finds out, I can kiss any chance of being captain goodbye. She’s my coach’s daughter, but from the moment she grabs me on the ice rink, she’s the only thing on my mind. She wants me to introduce her to all the things she’s been dying to experience in the bedroom. If I say yes, I’ll be relaxed on the ice again – but if her dad finds out, I can kiss any chance of being captain goodbye.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment