276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Samsung Galaxy SmartTag+ with Ultra-Wideband and Augmented Reality Finding, Bluetooth Item Finder and Key Finder, 120 m Findign Range, 1 Pack, Black (UK Version)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Starting with a fresh tag next to my Galaxy Note 20 Ultra phone, I scrolled to the Find part of the SmartThings app. You’ll also be able to use the button on the tag to control IoT devices in your smart home, and to locate your Galaxy smartphone as well. Each phone can track up to 200 SmartTags, which seems like overkill; iPhones are limited to tracking 16 AirTags. That means if you've got a base model Galaxy S21 — an excellent phone, and our pick for best Android phone right now — then no UWB for you.

What’s really impressive about the Samsung Galaxy SmartTag Plus is the wealth of ways to pinpoint where the tag is, whether it be on a map, using sound or being visually guided using AR, you’ll never lose those all-important items ever again. And it's likely to stay that way until Google, with its ability to leverage the entire Android install base, produces one of its own.

It will use Samsung's new SmartThings Find feature to effectively find your most important possessions, so you can spend more time enjoying your day, and less time worrying. I found the most reliable way to crack the device open was to use the blunt end of a SIM removal tool, but even then, the amount of force required felt like I was going to damage something. The Bluetooth powered device attaches easily to keys, bags or even the family pet and, when it’s nearby, you can locate it with a tap of your phone. Finally, the UWB technology only works with recent Samsung phones: the Galaxy Z Fold 2, Note 20 Ultra or S21+ models. Devices like this can easily be used to illicitly track individuals' locations without their knowledge, and currently, Samsung only offers barebones tools to prevent this.

But users in more rural areas, or countries where Samsung has a smaller market share, may find the Tag+ hobbled by the lack of nearby Galaxies.To actually find the Samsung Galaxy SmartTag Plus you can use the SmartThings app to activate the alert sound, using noise to let you know where the tag is located. Neither Apple nor Samsung can touch the variety of consumer devices that have integrated Tile modules, like the HP Elite Dragonfly and SkullCandy earbuds, making them nearly impossible to lose. If the item is outside of your Bluetooth range, SmartThings Find will use other devices, safely and securely, to help find your device. Those include the Galaxy Note 20, Galaxy S21 Plus and Ultra, Galaxy S22 Plus and Ultra, S23 Plus and Ultra, and the Galaxy Z Fold 2, 3, 4, and 5. What's more, some retailers now offer sizable discounts on multi-packs of the older SmartTag, putting the per-unit cost well below thirty bucks.

Your phone can securely locate your tag using information from nearby Galaxy phones, piped back to you via Samsung's cloud. This is the same basic system as Apple uses with its AirTags, and like AirTag, this is all done without revealing the tag's location to the users of whichever phones it might have pinged. SmartThings will prompt you to move your phone around to calibrate, then your device will do some number-crunching and figure out how far away your tag is and in which direction.I spent two weeks using a Galaxy Note 20 Ultra phone and the SmartTags+ to play lost and found with tagged items. One thing I did notice was that the tag was quite prone to picking up stubborn fingerprint marks, not that you would really notice that day-to-day. In her free time, you'll catch her travelling the globe – the perks of being a freelance tech expert – tending to her plants when at home and, but of course, planning her next big trip. This model improves on the base product with ultra-wideband (UWB) to improve the tracking - it gives you far more accuracy so the SmartThings app will be able to pinpoint the tag to the inch, as opposed to within feet.

Keep track of your holiday luggage or make sure you never lose your wallet again using the Samsung Galaxy SmartTag Plus. If you're planning to connect the SmartTag to another phone, you'll need to remove it from the SmartThings app first.

The SmartTag features a small hole which can be used to attach the device to a keyring or a lanyard, keeping it secure in place for your peace of mind.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment