276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Franck Olivier Oud Touch Franck Oliver Eau de Toilette Unisex

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Oud Vanille is often compared to Maison Lancome Oud Bouquet. I can small the similarities, but this fragrance take a long time to get there. In the very deep drydown they are very similar...once the burnt tire has rolled away. After wearing it for a few hours I almost can't tell the difference, except side by side. Oud Bouquet does smell much higher quality with much more depth and richness. If you have a resricted budget and a lot of patience, this might be the caramel rose/oud fragrance for you. Though for a little more money, Swiss Arabian Shaghaf Oud is a much higher quality dupe. So, is there already a synthetic oud fragrance? Yes, and not exactly. "Synthetic oud doesn't really exist per se," Voelkl explains. "But what we do to replicate the smell of natural oud in our fragrances, is create substitutes that are compositions using a combination of other natural [ingredients] and some [synthetic] molecules. I like to use some of these alternatives in my formulas as they are generally 'softer' and less animalic-smelling compared to that of natural oud extract." I guess this "strong overtone" could be considered a note, but I perceive it is odorless and is the "vehicle" which carries the other notes, especially in the drydown. Without the overpowering note of people who fall asleep in their own vomit every night, this wouldn’t smell cheap. Without that note this would be a pretty, and elegant perfume. I still wouldn’t think it was truly unique or worth the price point, but I would give it a positive review. It’s one note that ruins them all. Not a safe blind buy this one. This is a dupe of Oud Ispahan Dior with a twist. Although the notes are quite different, they're quite similar, but Oud Touch has more forward fruity nuances in the top notes. Both have excellent performance.

Hours after I had applied the fragrance a work colleague could not stop sniffing around on the tape until he came to me and said: "Man, are you that smells so good? What is that for a fragrance?I sprayed it on my arm and thought to myself: "Uf he's a bit stinker. Does a combination of oud and rose really smell? It's already violent". A moment later, the woods come in. I might think I can smell Oud very clearly: Oud in its cleanest and noblest form, not faecal or animalistic, but very, very present and clear. Only: There is no oud included. My first compliment I got namely 12! Hours after I had applied it from my family as I came home from work again. Interesting scent but as a perfume, it is not an easy wear. It is more masculine. I can’t imagine a women wear this. This is too much. If you can try, go for it and test it. Even if it is for a sniff, test it. So come to know this kind of staff. But don’t blind buy it. I wish it was more rounded so I would wear it frequently. But people around me don’t react to it positively, so I don’t wear it publicly. I wear it at home. Firstly I would like to say that I am not a perfume connoisseur & I have zero expertise. My opinion is purely based on my experience alone.

I'm not the biggest rose fan in fragrances, there are a few I do enjoy but this isn't one. But the main thing is that I get a urinal cake smell out of this in the opening. And unfortunately it last more that a few minutes. In fact it rides it out all the way to that far dry down I mentioned earlier before it fades away for good. Now looking at the notes, I can't figure out what the hell in this frag would make it smell like this. Maybe that's supposed to be the oud that is in the name? No note oud listed, only the name, and I've only smelled a few oud frags but none ever smelled of a urinal mint. Over the next few hours I smell my arm again and again and imagine how well the scent would fit into a Shisha Bar. The oriental flair is clearly recognizable, I feel like at a communion in the desert of Qatar at the campfire and I would like to greet everyone only with salam aleikum. Kind of awesome, but it doesn't quite fit a 23-year-old I am. I rather see the scent on a man 35+ years old.Who’s there?” a voice rushed across the darkness. The Princess stood at the gate of the garden holding a sputtering golden lamp. I cannot afford Oud Ispahan but with the potency in this fragrance, it can compete very well with Dior. I have never snorted coke, but I imagine that if I did, I would have a burning nostril sensation similar to what I am describing with this small subset of my frags, although this effect would probably be much more severe with coke-snorting! Inhaling ammonia vapors when cleaning gives me a similar sensation. I've read this is compared to Oud Ispahan. I don't have the money or desire to get that pricey liquid.

In this floral oriental there is all the beauty and splendor to be found in the gardens and bazaars of the Near East. The rarest and most romantically pungent and intoxicating oud is at the center of this fragrance. For it is all about the oud and the tale it tells here in conjunction with the other notes. This base note is the solid foundation upon which all else is presented. The perfume opens with the lush and overtly sensual labdanum (the very scent Madame de Pompadour used to seduce King Louis XV) it is rich and wonderful and smells of sexy warm flesh. A garden of exceptionally wonderful patchouli comes in to warm the middle and plays counterpoint to the song sung by the labdanum. Up then from the base floats the beautiful Damascus rose and very fine sandalwood. This rose, sandalwood and oud are fantastic together. Out of the bottle or sprayed on a blotter it is beautiful. When it hits the skin it is a perfume of resplendent rose and agar wood oud of the most perfect creation. It is miraculous. This is an eastern rose, reminds me of my Persian classmates in school. One of them wore something similar to this in the 1990's. I wish my skin pulled the incense note and patchouli note- but I get none of that smokiness or earthiness to temper the very sweet overall vibe this has. These are different, but they share a similar DNA with sweet oud & fruity touches in the top. Oud Touch is more about incense-rose & oud, while Oud Vanille is more about caramel-vanilla-oud. Both get quite sweet as they dry down, but Oud Vanille is more vanilla forward. Both have excellent performance. We don’t want you to make this mistake, so we want to help you out by showing you how to apply perfumes. Dry your skin before spraying perfumeArmani Eau de Nuit Oud = has enough power, smells balanced and not animalistic. Good price-performance ratio. For me this is a cold weather fragrance I can't imagine being able to tolerate the opening in heat. It is a bit dark and sexy, so it would be great for a night out. I thin this is a bit more unisex than Oud Bouquet. Some noses may percieve the burnt rubber as leather which may tone down the more feminine parts of these fragrances.

At the base, the fragrance becomes more Oud, much more noticeable, but less "aggressive" because of a woody touch, I bet on Sandalwood, which has this power of at the same time being intense, it manages to be behaved and attract curious eyes. questioners. Patchouli still lingers around here, but with a very characteristic aroma when combined with wood, something that reminds of a stuffy or even moldy environment, but nothing that compromises the perfect evolution of Oud Ispahan! Unfortunately for me, the Roses were supporting actors, I captured their nuances in a shy way and very inseparable from the others; but that didn't make me sad!

I was very excited for this one as it got recommended to me as a good cheap oud fragrance (thanks houstcs!) Now that we know these, let’s look at the different Oud Touch Perfumes on the Nigerian market and their prices.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment